Chapter 4

Evie stood on platform 9 and 3/4 with Hope, Lyall and Remus staring out at the large, red train that towered before them. Hope and Lyall were blubbering away, not quite believing where all those years had gone. Their adopted granddaughter was off to Hogwarts and they couldn't have been more proud of the feisty, kind and beautiful young lady she was becoming. Bringing them into a big hug she said softly "Please don't get upset, you'll make me upset. I will write to you every week, I promise. You don't need to worry, you have taught me well! I can handle myself," she said pulling back and giving them both a cheeky wink, making them laugh. "Harry will be there too don't forget, he will look after me I know he will" she said with confidence. Lyall and Hope both nodded and leaned in to give Evie a big kiss on the sides of her cheeks, making her feel all warm and fuzzy. 

She turned to Remus who hadn't said much since they had been standing there at the platform. Overwhelmed with the magnitude of what was happening, he could barely process his thoughts. He wasn't worried about Evie, he knew she would have a good time at Hogwarts just as he did. If he had done nothing else, he had taught her the importance of friendships and having fun whilst you still can. He wondered how much mischief she would get up too, knowing her well enough to see that she had got her mother's brains and beauty, but her father's talent for trouble. How would he cope without her? What would he do now? He hoped she would write to them every week, though he didn't say this to her. He didn't want her to feel as though she HAD to write to them if she was busy or forgot. She didn't need that kind of added pressure, her year was going to be filled with so many new adventures, it is possible she would forget to write at all. 

Looking up at him, her eyes began to burn slightly with the threat of tears looming heavy. Snapping out of his thoughts, Remus knelt down to Evie's level and looked deep into those green, ocean like eyes and tucked a strand of auburn hair behind her ear. "I'm going to miss you little one" he said in a hushed tone, voice breaking towards the end. Evie threw her arms around his neck and pulled him in close for one of the tightest hugs she had ever given him. "I'm going to miss you more," she sniffled. It was true, she hadn't thought this part would be so hard, leaving her family at the station. 

It was nearly time for the train to leave, Evie hadn't seen Harry come onto the platform, though she had been a little preoccupied. As she and her family walked close the carriages, she spotted Ginny, the youngest of all the Weasley's. Giving her a wide grin and a big wave, Ginny came bounding over to Evie, closely followed by most of the Weasley family. Molly and Arthur greeted Evie with a Warm smile before shaking hands with Remus and giving Hope a warm hug. Arthur and Lyall shook hands, like old friends. Overhearing parts of their short conversation, it sounded as though Lyall knew Arthur Weasley through work at the Ministry. 

The children all boarded the Hogwarts Express and found their seats in a compartment. Putting  their luggage neatly away under their seats or in the overhead shelving, before returning to the window to wave their family's goodbye. Fred and George sat down in the the compartment near the door, they had already waved to Molly and Arthur on the platform and wanted to plan some of the pranks they wanted to complete this year.  As the trained pulled out of the station at exactly 11 o'clock, Evie blew a kiss to Remus, Lyall and Hope on the platform. As they grew smaller and smaller, she could see them all extended their arms out to 'catch' the kiss and tuck it safely in their pockets. Something the each did whenever a kiss was blown their way. 

Returning her attention to Ginny who was sat opposite her, Evie became engrossed in a deep conversation about what both of them had done over the last few weeks since they first met. After getting changed into their robes the sat back down in their compartment on the train closing the door behind them as they re-entered. They spoke about how excited they were to attend Hogwarts and speculated what houses they would be put into. Ginny had no doubt she would be in Gryffindor. She came from a long line of Gryffindors and it would be a huge shock if she didn't follow in their footsteps. This got Evie thinking, all of her family were also Gryffindors. Maybe she would be in Gryffindor too, when she said this to Ginny, she bubbled over with excitement - "Think of all the great times we will have together in our dorm!" Ginny blurted out. Evie couldn't help but get excited at the prospect of being in Gryffindor with Ginny and Harry. Her smile slowly faded when she remembered she still hadn't seen Harry yet...

Getting up from her seat, Evie headed for the sliding door of the compartment. "I'm going to look for Harry, see if I can find him. You can stay here if you like?" she said. Fred and George looked up at her from their conversation and nodded. Ginny looked up at her and crinkled her face "He's probably with Ron, actually I haven't seen Ron in ages, was he on the platform when we got onto the train?". Evie shook her head, she hadn't seen Ron or Harry on the platform before they left. "I think I'll come with you Evie, I'd like to find Ron too and make sure he is ok. I have no doubt that him and Harry are together, probably stuffing their faces with Bert Botts Every Flavour Beans" Ginny stated. The two of them left the compartment giving Fred and George a quick wave before closing the door behind them and headed down the train in search of their brothers.