Chapter 25

Hermione and Draco quietly crept into the hospital wing. Thankfully Madame Pomfrey was nowhere to be seen so the two of them wouldn't be in trouble for being out of bed after hours. The room was cold, with only a single candle lit by the entrance to the room. The moonlight from the window opposite Evie's bed, shone brightly surrounding her in a eerie glow.

Draco walked quickly to the far side of Evelyn's bed, while Hermione walked to the other side. They began laying out all the items they had collected, along with the book with the incantation inside.

"Evelyn, if you can hear me, I need you to tell one of us. Hermione and I, we have found something that we think will help you while we wait for the mandrakes to be ready," Draco said softly.

Evie, who had been sleeping on a spare bed in the hospital, walked over to Draco Warily.
"Hey," she croaked.

"Thank Merlin!" Draco sighed, relieved. "Evelyn, we are going to perform a ritual to help, you are growing weak and I'm - we're worried for you," he stated.

"I feel really tired Draco," Evie yawned.

"I know E, but I need you to say this incantation to yourself 3 times while you lie back in your physical form. If it works, your astro self will be locked back to your body. The downside is we won't be able to talk again until the mandrakes have brought you back properly," Draco explained.

Evie stayed quiet for a moment, worried that if the mandrake didn't work, she may never see her friends and family again.

Draco looked at Hermione with a worried look, "Evelyn are you still there?"

She jolted out of her thoughts, "Y-yes I'm still here." She paused, "Draco, if this doesn't work - "

"It will," he interrupted.

"Yes but if it doesn't, will you tell everyone I love them?" She wheezed, her chest getting heavier with every passing moment.

"I won't need to do that Evelyn," Draco said sternly.

"Draco please - " Evie began to cough.

He sighed, "Of course I will, now go lie down and say the incantation. Me and Hermione will be saying it to, If - When - it works, we should see the colour come back to your face by morning."

Evie let go of Draco and did as she was told. Meanwhile, Draco and Hermione prepared the sachet of Chamomile, Sandal wood chips, Cayenne pepper and dried rosemary. This needed to be put under her pillow, while crystals had to be positioned around Evie's body on the bed.

Once everything was inposition Draco nodded to Hermione, Evie knew this was a signal to start sayingthe incantation. As the two enemies stood beside their friends' bed, theyconnected for a common cause. Waving their wands above Evie's pale body theybegan to chant the incantation. "She is stronger than you think, and withthis charm we create a link, her body and soul we shall restore, untilshe wakes from this slumber like she was before!" The two continued tochant this incantation 3 times, as did Evie.

According to the book, once the ritual is finished the stones must be kept in place for 8 hours without being touched. For this reason, Hermione and Draco decided to stay in the hospital wing, taking it in turns to sleep so they could keep an eye on Evelyn and the stones. 

While Draco slept, Hermione quietly spoke to Evie, hoping she could still hear her, "It was his idea you know, Draco. He came to me, Harry and Ron to save you!". 

Hermione glanced up at Draco, who was still peacefully sleeping in the armchair across from her. Despite all the horrible things he had said to her, she couldn't help but feel a little bit of admiration for him now. It would have taken a lot for him to go to the three of them for help, even if it was for Evie. 

Hermione leant in close, being careful not to touch the stones surrounding Evie's body and whispered so quietly, she was barely audible, "It takes a special kind of courage to go to your enemies for help, you must mean a great deal to him".

Sorry this is a shorter chapter, we are coming to the end of the first year for Evie. Thanks for reading so far :)