XXIII: Reset

Ryujin's POV

I checked myself in the mirror. I look good. Jisu approached me and hugged me from the side. She said she'll be guarding me. My friends put on a surprise for my birthday today. They said Karina's family owns the venue and it's free to serve as her gift to me.

Jisu brushed my hair as we made poses in front of the mirror. I don't remember dying my hair like this. It's a mix of blonde and black.

-----

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, Shin Ryujin! Happy birthday to you!!" i clapped as they sang in chorus.

The venue isn't small but isn't big either. It was an open place so we could see the night sky. They decorated the place with different shades of blue from the balloons to tables. Felix is holding the cake and they're waiting for me to blow the candle. I don't do birthday wishes so i blew the candles without having one.

"What did you wish for RJ?"
Winter asked me.

"Hmm, I won't tell you." i lied.

I got up to get food for me and Jisu. I don't understand but i think this happened already but something's missing.

The uneasiness on my chest won't go away. Time passed and they're all lining up for their presents.

It's Jisu's turn and she's so excited we both laughed. I opened my mouth in shock when she opened the box. It was a kitten, I've always wanted a kitten! I jumped to hug her we almost fell down.

"Calm down, Shin Ryujin!" she said.

"Thank you so much, Lia!"

"Name him,"

I started at the kitten then to my necklace. "Dallie~"

"I'm not finished." she smiled at me and ran up to the stage. She tested her mic before telling Felix to play the track.

"Shin Ryujin, this is for you!" we all cheered her up.

"You're just too good to be true~"

A tear escaped my eye as soon as she started singing. My chest is hurting and my mind can't seem to remember something. Something very important.

All i see is fragments of a girl. Flashes of her smile, the sound of her laugh, her voice won't leave my mind. All seemed familiar to me. I felt that familiar warmth as i touched my chest to calm myself down.

"I love you baby, and if it's quite alright~ I need you baby..."

"Just date already!!"
"Wooo i told you you two look good together!"
"JinLia woooo!"

I just laughed at them. We didn't break our eye contact. She playfully walks towards me while singing her song. She invited me to stand up and sing with her. We shared the mic.

"Oh pretty baby~ don't bring me down i say~"

-----

Yuna's POV

I watched Jisu unnie's singing for Ryujin from afar. I can't help but to cry. We were there the last time and i could say it was one of the best nights in my life. I'm also happy to see Ryujin alive again and i know that if ever they'd be together, Lia unnie will take care of Ryujin. The same with Ryujin for this girl would give anything to the one she loves.

It's been a week since Yeji killed her brother and made that one time deal with the one in heaven. It's to bring back Ryujin to life. She'll have to return to hell to rule and agreed that Ryujin's memories about us would be erased and all the people we've met.

It's also been a week since Yeji changed back to her old self. Emotionless and always lived by the rules. I couldn't talk to her nor stay with her for long because i feel frightened.

I was lost in my thoughts when Ryujin looked up to my direction and our eyes met. I acted fast as i could and flew back to hell. I was on my knees panting when i saw a pair of boots in front of me. I looked up and saw Yeji coldly staring at me.

"Yej--your highness, i just watched new souls arriving from--" she didn't let me finish and hugged me. I immediately teared up as i hug her back. "Yeji unnie!" i cried like a baby.

"How is she?" she let out a deep breath.

"I know you went to see them, Yuna." i guess I'll tell her.

"She's celebrating her birthday like before. She looks happy unnie!"

I can see the sadness even though she smiled. I know she misses her so much but she couldn't even leave hell just to see her. I hugged her once again she started crying. It's been a week since she let out her emotions. It must be so hard.

----

Ryujin's POV

Who was that? I swear I've seen a person staring at us from the building.

"Ryujin what's wrong?" Lia worriedly ask.

"Nothing, i thought I've seen someone i know."

My statement echoed on my head. I think i have said that to her just recently. Shin Ryujin, you're going crazy.

.

"Work this whole thing OOUT!~" We all shouted before going to the last chorus. We're all partying and jamming to the music. I feel so alive with all the people i love celebrating here with me. I glanced at Karina and Winter who's enjoying the company of each other. I'm really glad they're going to work things out. I sighed.

Felix went to change the song into a slow one. They all teased me and Lia to dance. I offered her my hand and she accepted it. We went to the middle and started swaying along with the music. Her eyes are smiling like her lips so I can't help but to smile to. She buried her face on to my chest and we embraced each other. The uneasy and painful in my chest is still not fading. I tried to calm my mind down by taking a deep breath.

I need to enjoy my night. Happy 21 years of existence, Shin Ryujin. 

--AUTHOR--

AAAAAAA FINAL CHAPTER COMING UP NEXT!! OMG *CRIES*