II: Winter solstice

Ryujin's POV

I opened my eyes when i heard a sound. I was shocked when i see the girl sharply staring at me.

"H-hey," i spoke but i didn't get any response.

She kept staring at me for like 10 more seconds before hissing. What did i do now?

"Are you feeling better now?" and still, no response.

She stood up and then went closer. She leaned down to me like she was confused about something I don't know, yet? Our faces are too close that's why i pushed her back lightly. I stood up to face her.

"I am Ryujin. Nice to meet you." i said and offered my hand. She just looked at me in disgust. I got embarrassed so i just took back my hand.
What's with this woman?

"Humans." she suddenly said.

I gave her a confused look then she rolled her eyes at me. She looked around my place. She found the window open and immediately went there. Damn, it's cold. She looked at me and then behind me seeing herself in the mirror. She then looked at  the bandages and my polo she's wearing. She then charged at me and we both fell down the floor. I tried to fight her but now she's choking me.

After a few seconds, she realized what she's doing. She loosened her grip of my neck and stood up. That's when i saw her tummy. The big wound is gone. How on earth-

She rushed to the window and then jumped. I immediately followed her but she's already gone when i looked.

"What...the fuck?"

---

I'm currently staring at my soda still thinking about what happened earlier. It's not just possible no matter how hard i think about it. Or maybe it's because i don't believe on those kind of things. I almost had a heart attack when Jisu hit the table. I gave her a "?" look.

"What is going on inside your head?" she said with that meme tone i often hear on videos.

"Nothing."

"Come on, Ryu. You haven't touched your food. Even that tangerine." she worriedly said. I sighed.

I took the tangerine and started to peel it. My fave. I looked over the window and my eyes widened when i saw the girl staring at me. I blinked to make sure i wasn't hallucinating. Damn, i wasn't.

"Hey what's wrong?" i looked over Jisu and back to the girl's place, she's gone again.

"I thought I've seen someone i know." i said to her.

"Christmas is so near now."

"You said you're gonna celebrate it in Canada?" i asked and she nodded. I spent the last two Christmas Eve with her so i guess I'm spending it alone this year.

"I'll make sure to bring you home snacks." she said and gave me her eye-smile.

"Bring lots of tangerines." i said and chuckled.

It's already in the 5pm in the afternoon so it's a little colder. The sky is also dark now since it's winter solstice. I'm wearing the hoodie Jisu gave me. It's her present along with the cookies she baked earlier. I gave her socks and a scarf. She'll leave tomorrow for Canada that's why we had a date today.

"This is nice." she said. She smiled at the kids running around the fountain.

"Lia." i called her.

"You look pretty." after i said that she went closer to me. She is slowly leaning towards my face and then she hit my forehead.

"Ouch!"

"Yah, you're not Ryujin!" she said while laughing. I can't help but to laugh as well.

"What? I don't want you to miss me too much when you're in Canada that's why I'm giving you compliments."

"I'll miss you more because of that."

"Wow someone's being honest today." i teased her.

"It's true! In fact, i miss you already." she said while laughing. She held my hands and pouted.

"Wait, hold on. I'm not used to this--uh you." i even pointed at her.

"Well, maybe I'm not Jisu right now. I'm possessed by a sweet spirit."

"Then i should probably run away right?" i said and acted like i was ready to escape her. I started running to her and she immediately followed me. She hit me lightly on my back because i won't stop laughing.

If only we aren't workmates i might have courted her. Well, i also don't know if she'd date the same gender tho. But there's also this thought that we're better off as this. Friends.