XX: Against All Odds

Yeji's POV

"What do you mean?"

"I can't seem to go near Ryujin when you're around. That's why i couldn't treat her right away when the poison started entering her body." she calmly explained. I frowned more.

"Maybe it's because of our differences and given that you're the next ruler..."

"There's a barrier you made so no spirits or demons would try to harm her but, also the angels."

My head ache from all the things she's saying. She asked me if i was okay and guided me to land somewhere. When did i? I don't remember a time I've used my power to create a barrier.

"You're telling me...if i haven't created that you might have healed her fast?"

She didn't respond.

"Oh wow, i didn't know i could disappoint myself more! Anything else? Tell me now so i could--"

"No no, please calm down. You were not aware...also Ryujin hasn't really believe in me so our connection isn't strong enough," she said.

"But please, let me in. She doesn't have much time left.." she flinched when i glared at her.

I closed my eyes to absorb all the energy and focused on resetting the barrier. As soon as it's finished, she rushed to Ryujin's place thanking me. Her feathers slowly danced with the wind.

------

Yuna's POV

"Sshh..." i caressed Lia's back as she continues to cry.

"I didn't mean to say all of that...I just--"

"Lia unnie it's okay, Yeji unnie will understand you."

Ryujin moved a bit so i got up to check on her. She's still unconscious. I can see pain in her face but i couldn't do anything about it. I tried to absorb the energy but the moment i tried to touch it, it burned me.

Suddenly, a girl with red hair appeared from the window. She looks so worried and rushed to Ryujin. She put her hand on Ryujin's chest and it started lighting up. She's her guardian. She smiled to me so i tried to smile back.

Ryujin's body is reacting, she's panting and sweating. We just remained quiet till the girl managed to shrink the poison. She was so weak so i supported her to sit down. Lia then held Ryujin's hand waiting for her to open her eyes.

"Ryujin?" she called. Ryujin slowly opened her eyes. She was still breathing heavily as she looked around.

"Hey,"

"Yeji..." Yeji unnie always comes first with Ryujin. I didn't know Humans are capable of loving someone this hard till i met her.

"I'll look for her." i said.

"She's by the mountains on the east." the girl said and i nodded at her. I told Lia to watch Ryujin before flying away.

Yeji unnie, where are you? Your Ryujin is awake already~

-----

Ryujin's POV

I touched my forehead as i try to remember things. Jisu worriedly looked at me. I patted her head to tell I'm okay then glanced at the girl sitting beside me. She's the one i saw last time.

"Ryujinnie," she spoke. I frowned because that sounded very familiar i just don't know why yet.

"Remember me, Ryujin."

Her voice, it's like i already heard them. So sweet and gentle. Her face, i think I've seen her somewhere. I closed my eyes till it hit me. "Chaeryeongie-" i said.

Her face lit up and almost hugged me but she hesitated. Guardian angels are real. And i still thank Jisoo for making me believe in them.

When i was younger, when I'm by myself, i always try to talk to my guardian angel. When i have problems or if I'm bored. I didn't know she was really with me all along.

Jisu hugged me. I hugged her back tightly. "Heyy,"

"Ryujin-ahhh!" she cried like a baby.

"Don't cry Jisu-ya," i wiped her tears and she is already calming down. I looked at Chaeryeong.

"Take me to her." she seemed surprised at first but she nodded. I told Lia to wait for us but she insisted to come. Chaeryeong said it was okay. We hang on tight to Chaeryeong as she flew up.

I saw Yeji and Yuna from the distance so i told Chaeryeong to land. I immediately ran to Yeji. She seemed so shocked of seeing me looking all teary, froze in her place. I embraced and felt her warmth.

"I'm here, Yeddeong-ah,"

"Ryu...jin.."

I hate it when she cries. She's been crying for too long now.

"Are you not happy to see me?" she shook her head.

"Then why is my Yeji crying? Hushh now, hmm?"

"I'm so sorry Ryujin, i should've just left you that morning, then this wouldn't happen--"

"Hey, listen to me. Listen to me. I told you not to blame yourself hmm? I told you, i choose you right?" my tears ran down to my cheeks.

"I don't regret every second i spent with you Yeji. I don't regret helping you that night, accepting your contract.."

"I don't want you to think that it's better if we haven't met at all." i tilted her head up so i could look her in the eyes.

"Because it's the best thing that happened in my 21 years of existence." i said full of emotions. If only i could express it more.

"I love you." those three words isn't enough to express what i feel.

"I love you, Ryujin." I love you more...

Lia who's also crying approached us looking at Yeji. She kneeled down to hug her. This girl won't stop crying as well.

"I'm sorry Yeji, for how i acted earlier." Yeji just nodded at her and smiled.

"Come here, you guys.." Yuna and Chaeryeong shyly walked towards us before we all did a group hug.

------

4 DAYS AGO

We're cuddling in my sofa while watching Weekly Idol, one of my favorite K-shows. Yeji's face is buried on my chest when i heard a sob.

"Baby? You're crying again.."

"I don't want to lose you, Ryujin.."

"Who said you would? huh? I'll fight em-" i jokingly said.

I closed my eyes when i felt sleepy all of a sudden. Not this again...

"Ryujin? Ryu-" her voice faded out after a few seconds before i was inside darkness.

I woke up the day after. She never told me what happened.

I still want to do lots of things with you, Yeji but my body is not letting me..

--author--

I just wanna tell that Yeji is bias wrecking me so hard >:(