XVIII: Aries

Ryujin's POV

I checked myself in the mirror. I look good. Yeji approached me and hugged me from the side. She said she'll be guarding me till Jisu calls when everything's ready. My friends put on a surprise for my birthday today. They said Karina's family owns the venue and it's free to serve as her gift to me.

We were slow dancing without music so i hummed. I'm holding her waist while her arms wrap around my neck. I tiptoed to give her a forehead kiss and she laughed. "Short Ryuddaeng~"

I kept rolling my eyes at her and stick out my tongue. She hit my lightly while still chuckling. She's so happy when she got to tease me...

"Apologize to me." i said in a childish tone and pouted.

"I'm sorry, Ryuddaeng." she cutely responded. I acted like i wasn't satisfied by that so she kissed me. It lasted for three seconds before she pulled away.

"Will you forgive me now?"

"Hmmmm~"

"Yah! Shin Ryujin!" she's so cute when she's mad. I hugged her tight again. Hwang Yeji, i love you so much.

-----

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, Shin Ryujin! Happy birthday to you!!" i clapped as they sang in chorus.

The venue isn't small but isn't big either. It was an open place so we could see the night sky. They decorated the place with different shades of blue from the balloons to tables. Yuna is holding the cake and they're waiting for me to blow the candle. I don't do birthday wishes so i blew the candles without having one.

"What did you wish for RJ?"

"That she gets taller than Yeji!" Winter teased that made everyone laugh.

"You're also shorter than Karina i think you should be the one wishing that."

"What??? You started it!" i laughed at Winter who's glaring and pouting at me.

It's time to eat so i got up to get me and Yeji some food but she stopped me. She said i should just wait here. After a few minutes, she brings two plates full of every dish they served.

"Thank you, baby~" i gave her a kiss on the cheek.

We were all casually talking while eating when Felix stood up. "Let's give our gifts now!" he shouted. This guy is always too energetic. Soyeon told him to wait for everyone to finish eating.

"Dude, sit down." Sunghoon said while shaking his head out of disbelief.

We all finished eating and now they're lining up in front of me. Felix is in front so excited and i couldn't help but to laugh.

"Ight, check what i got you dudes!" he said.

I opened it and it was 2 sets of plaid pajamas. "I got you two pairs to match with your Yeji."

"This is really cute, Felix thank you!" i happily said.

Soobin was next. He was being awkward so i asked him to calm down. I know he liked me and he's scared of Yeji who's just seriously staring at him right now. He handed his gift to me. It's a small box so i was thinking this is jewelry. It's a gold necklace with a moon pendant. Pretty.

They all gave me their gifts and i really appreciated all of them. Winter of course, dissed me before giving me hers. That girl...

It's Jisu's turn and she's so excited we both laughed. I opened my mouth in shock when she opened the box. It was a kitten, I've always wanted a kitten! I jumped to hug her we almost fell down.

"Calm down, Shin Ryujin!" she said.

"Thank you so much, Lia!"

"Name him,"

I started at the kitten then to my necklace. "Dallie~"

We all adored the kitten that's already sleeping when Karina spoke on the mic. "Ryujin, again Happy birthday"

"I know your day wouldn't be complete without your lovely girlfriend's gift, so i present to you, Yeji!" we all cheered when she walked towards Karina. She was shy yet full of smiles. I understand what Karina's trying to say but i already got the best present in the world. My Yeddeong-ah.

"Hello, uhm" i can see that she's nervous so i cheered her up. My friends did the same.

"I didn't have money so i just prepared a song for you." no, don't say that. Even just her smile is enough for me.

"I need a lover to keep me sane~"

"Pull me from hell, bring me back again
Play me the classics, something romantic
Give her my all when I don't even have it

I locked my eyes on her as she did the same to me. It seemed that we were just the only ones here.

I always dreamed of a solemn face
Someone who feels like a holiday
But now I'm in pieces, barely believing
Starting to think that I've lost all feeling"

My heart is so full i couldn't breathe.

"You came out the blue on a rainy night, no lie
I'll tell you how I almost died
While you're bringing me back to life~"

She walked towards me. We both giggled the moment she held my hand.

"I just wanna live in this moment forever
'Cause I'm afraid that living couldn't get any better
Started giving up on the word "forever"
Until you gave up heaven so we could be together"

I felt my chest aching but i ignored it. I can feel the poison moving inside me. I accidentally squeeze Yeji's hand out of pain so i was worried she'd notice it but she didn't. I can't ruin this. I can still take it.

You're my angel
Angel baby, angel
You're my angel, baby
Baby, you're my angel
Angel baby~"

Jisu pushed me to stand up to dance with Yeji. I can hear their cheers and also them teasing our height.

"I fall in love with the little things" she smirked.

"Counting the tattoos on your skin
Tell me a secret, and baby, I'll keep it
And maybe we could play house for the weekend
You came out the blue on a rainy night, no lie
I'll tell you how I almost died
While you're bringing me back to life
I just wanna live in this moment forever
'Cause I'm afraid that living couldn't get any better
Started giving up on the word "forever"
Until you gave up heaven so we could be together
You're my angel
Angel baby, angel
You're my angel, baby
Baby, you're my angel
Angel baby

"I love you so much." i mouthed.

All the sick and twisted nights that I've been waiting for ya
They were worth it all along, yeah"

She offered the mic to them and Jisu took it. She thanked Jisu as she continued singing the song. She took my hands to put them on her waist. She's mouthing the lyrics really expressive it made me chuckle. We closed our eyes as her head rested on mine.

"I feel so single!~"
"It's making me cry aaaah"
"Alright, time to call my girlfriend," these guys...

"I just wanna live in this moment forever
'Cause I'm afraid that living couldn't get any better
Started giving up on the word "forever"
Until you gave up heaven so we could be together
You're my angel
Angel baby, angel
You're my angel, baby
Baby, you're my angel
Angel baby..."

--author--

*sobs* I love that song sm.