XIII: Tangerines

Ryujin's POV

Yeji's face is buried onto my chest while i play with her hair. We're cuddling on my sofa for hours till she fell asleep because of crying nonstop when we ended our contract earlier.

I smiled when i saw her peacefully sleeping but it disappeared when i saw someone peeked through the window. It disappeared too fast but I've seen the color red.

I watched the window for more minutes waiting for it to appear again but it didn't.

I reached for a tangerine on the table because I'm feeling hungry. It's almost dinner time but I don't want to wake up Yeji. I tried to peel it slowly without moving or else i might wake her up. I just kept eating them when Yeji slightly moved and let out a soft groan.

"Ryuddaeng~" she still looks sleepy. I raised my eyebrows as response and she pouted.

"I smelled the tangerine. That's why i woke up."

"I'm sorry, Yeddeong-ah i didn't mean to. I'm just so hungry," i explained to her and put the tangerine away.

She then asked for the time and it's already 7:45 pm. I told her I'll just cook something and call her when it's time to eat. I thought she'll go back to sleep but she followed me to the kitchen.

She's just back hugging me while we're walking till we reached the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see what we have. I decided to cook garlic buttered shrimp so i started gathering all the ingredients I'd need.

Yeji is just sitting on the countertop watching my every move. I stopped in front of her to give her a kiss that lasted for seconds.

--

We had a race in eating to decide who's gonna wash the dishes. She ended up losing so i also get to shower first. I'm just on the sofa watching tv shows while waiting for her to finish. She came out after 20 minutes and sat down beside me.

I told her to lean down on my shoulders while we watch the show. Despite being happy right now, one thought won't leave my mind. I know she still has to leave soon and I'll end up alone.

I don't know when but I'll make sure to treasure every moment we would have.

"Hey, Yeddeong?" i said while touching her face.

"Hmmmm?"

"I love you." she didn't respond yet she didn't break our eye contact. I guess she's just having a hard time telling it because it's in her nature. I looked at her straight in the eyes down to her lips.

She closed her eyes as I slowly leaned down to kiss her. We're moving in unison as be both feel the heat of our bodies increasing. And for the second time, i made love with the Demon King.

I jumped on the bed as soon as i came back from the living room. I gave her water because she's still a little out of breath. I then laid down on her chest and hug her, she hugged me back.

I'm about to close my eyes when i saw the red figure again from my bedroom's window. It disappeared the moment i looked like earlier.

"Ryuddaeng, are you okay?"

"Yes, i just saw a bug crawling outside." i lied.

"No, i meant your body."

"I'm okay Yeddeong-ah, shouldn't i be the one asking you that?" i said chuckling.

She hit me lightly and chuckled afterwards. Oh how i love the sound of her laugh.

--author--

SIGHHHHHH, Hello, we're halfway through the story. A lot more will happen woooo

Leave a comment! I'd like to interact with y'all heh