VIII: Another demon arrives

Ryujin's POV

I distributed our works to them. It's a busy day for us since the holidays just ended. I left Yeji at home and she won't stop calling me every hour. She just asks me about how the appliances works. I'm getting weird stares from my workmates. Jisu is also ignoring me since earlier.

"Hey," she just looked at me.

"Any plans for tonight?" i asked. I know i have been spending more time with Yeji lately so maybe that's why she's acting like this.

"Ryujin, we need to talk and i need you to be honest with me. I know your Yeji story isn't true."

I sighed. I'll tell her the truth then. I invited her to go to our house after work.

I looked at Winter who's frowning on her phone.

"Winter?"

"Aish, I can't find her account!" she's still trying to find that Karina girl.

"Yeji told me about a girl who bought her a dress, her name is Karina. But I'm not sure if she's the same person tho." they all looked at me. I don't like where this is going-

"Give me Yeji's number!" Winter said as she held both my arms tight.

I guess that's fine. Felix arrived with Soobin carrying our lunch for today. Soobin insisted that he'll buy my lunch so i just accepted it. We all sat down and started to eat.

"Yeji won't respond to me but won't stop calling you." Winter said and pouted at me.

After a few seconds my phone rang. It's Yeji.

"Yeddeong huh?" Jisu said.

I answered it. "What now?"

"Someone texted me saying give me Karina's surname."

I forgot to turn off the loud speaker so everyone heard it. They all teased Winter after that. "It's just Winter."

and yep, she hangup...

-----

Jisu is driving on the way to my house. Yeji didn't know she'll come. I hope this goes well with the two. We entered and found Yeji on the table staring at her snow globe. I bought it from the mall since she liked the one in our office. Jisu waved at her so she waved back. Good girl, following our deal.

"Yeji, i want to tell Jisu the truth."

"Hmm, why?"

Jisu looked at me with more doubt. I let out a sigh.

"Well, she deserves the truth and i guess there's nothing wrong if she knew the truth about you."

"Okay, I'll tell her." she stood up and went close to Jisu. She gave her an intense stare and i can feel Jisu is slightly scared.

"Yeji stop that."

"Okay, it's a long story and you might not believe me. But she's the devil. I found her hurt when we get home from the party and she spent Christmas eve with me." i explained.

I know Jisu wouldn't believe it. She didn't say a thing and headed towards the door when it opened. A tall girl with long black hair appeared in front of us looking angry. She immediately lunged at me but Yeji effortlessly threw her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked the girl.

"I'm saving you!" she seemed younger than her.

Jisu remained standing and shock is written all over her face. I held her then she hugged me. I noticed Yeji looked but immediately looked away. She helped the girl stand up.

"This is one of my friends. Oh it's hard to introduce when you don't have a name."

"A name?" that girl asked. So she's a fellow demon. She's also pretty. Are they all pretty down there?

"What the hell is happening?!" Jisu exclaimed.

"Your highness, you need to go back."

"I can't." she gave me a look before saying that.

"What do you mean you can't?"

"There are no entrances."

"Then how--"

I don't know what they're talking about. Jisu also seemed to calm down so we both sat down on the sofa. I guess we'll wait for these two. They kept talking but Yeji kept looking at me----at us. They said something about her twin brother. Oh damn, i bet he's handsome because Yeji is very pretty.

"If that's the case, then i also can't go back home."

"Then stay here, we'll stay with Ryujin." i was shocked at what Yeji said.

"Oh no no no, hold on." i stood up in the middle of them. I can't take another demon here. I can't have two contracts at once.

"You." Yeji pointed at Jisu.

"Let this one stay with you for a while." Jisu didn't know what to say. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. The next thing happened made me more shocked. She said okay.

"Jisu-ya you don't have to do this." i calmly said.

"You seem fine with her, nothing bad would happen to me then." she responded. Me and Yeji exchanged looks and it seems that she's ordering me to back off.

Yeji taught her on how to the contract. Their contract is much simpler that ours maybe because of her rank. We also ended up letting Jisu choose a name for her so we won't have a hard time.

"Yuna. Let's call you, Yuna."

It suits her. She widely smiled at her and jumped to hug Jisu. This one is very different to Yeji. I guess she's really younger than Yeji or maybe because Yeji holds a big responsibility that's why she's more scary.

Jisu smiled at me and i smiled back. I'm glad she's okay with all these. It's getting late so they decided to go home. I told Jisu all the needs in keeping the contract. I know she'll not have a hard time because Yuna seems a happy kiddo.

"Ryujin, do you like Jisu?"

I gulped because that's so random and i can feel that she's mad. She doesn't call me Ryujin often.

"No. She's just my best friend." i said. The feeling in her eyes suddenly changed.

"Tch." and by that she left me on the living room.

"Yeddeong-ah, why are you so cute?"

-----

Jisu's POV

I was shocked at all the things I'm witnessing. I do believe demons exists but it's weird to actually see them. Weird isn't even the right word for it! I tried to calm down. I held Ryujin more tightly. She seemed not scared at all.

--

I ended up agreeing to the contract since I'm thinking this is the way i could protect Ryujin. I'm worried on what she had done so it's better if we're kinda on the same situation. They also said something about humanity's destruction so even though it's just a little, I'll let them in our lives before they do the right thing. I didn't know demons have heart but seeing Yuna being cheerful made me change the way i see them. Teachings really tell that they're all just bad.

"Jisu unnie." she suddenly said while smiling. Gummy smile.

"I'll call you that. If you ask why i know that term, we know all human languages."

"Okay, Yuna."

--author--

Woooo Yuna is here!! Chaeryeong will also be part of this sooooon. <8