XIX: The fault in our Stars

Ryujin's POV

"Wooooooo~" they all cheered as the song finished. We all decided to party now since it's already late in the evening. Karina said we're okay to stay till morning tomorrow. Everyone started dancing to the music. Kiss and Makeup by Dua Lipa and Blackpink is really addictive. Making you move your body.

I sat down for a moment because my body feels heavy. Felix approached Yeji to take her to the dance floor and i said it was okay. Body, please cooperate. I mustn't ruin this night no matter what..

"Ryujin unnie!" Yuna called. She was vibing to the song so i vibed with her too. I finally got my strength to stand up and dance with her. I saw Jisu partying with Karina and Winter--third wheel. We went closer to them since it's more fun. I glanced at Yeji who's laughing so hard because of Felix doing a funny dance. I can't help but to smile.

"Work this whole thing OOUT!~" We all shouted before going to the last chorus. A few more seconds before it changed to a slow song. I pulled Yuna close to me to slow dance with her. We were both smiling and feeling the music when Jisu pouted. I told her to come too and it's the three of us dancing. I caught Yeji staring at me and mouthed "I love you, baby"

And I don't wanna let this go
I don't wanna lose control
I just wanna see the stars with you..

And I don't wanna say goodbye
Someone tell me why
I just wanna see the stars with you~

"Ya! Ryujin-ah, your girlfriend is waiting for you." Lia said and they all laughed at me. Felix guided Yeji towards me. I pulled away from the two girls and held Yeji on her waist. Her right hand was on my shoulder while we also held hands.

You lost
A part of your existence in the war
Against yourself
Oh, the lights,
They light up in lights of sadness
Telling you, it's time to go

I softly sing her the song without breaking our eye contact.

And I don't wanna let this go
I don't wanna lose control
I just wanna see the stars with you
And I don't wanna say goodbye
Someone tell me why

"I just wanna see the stars with you" stargazing with Yeji? that'd be amazing.

The song slowly sped up as i pulled her closer to me. My lips met her soft lips again, halfway. I feel like my heart is going to explode any time soon for all the love i have for her. Our kiss lasted for seconds before we bury each other's face on to each other's shoulders. We're just swaying together under the moonlight.

Don't give it up just yet stay grand for
One more minute
Don't give it up just yet stay grand
Oh don't give it up just yet stay grand for
One more minute
Don't give it up just yet stay grand

My body felt heavier as i feel so cold even with Yeji hugging me. Just a little more... A sharp pain on the chest struck me. I glanced at Yeji but my vision is starting to get blurry.

---

Yeji's POV

I smiled at Ryujin the moment she glanced at me but i noticed something's wrong.

"Ryujin? Ryujin????!" i called out when she lost consciousness. I managed to catch her before she'd fell down. We're on the floor and the other stop dancing too.

"What happened?!" Jisu exclaimed full of worry.

I felt suffocated and stressed with all the sounds i hear. The music, the people. My energy bursted out causing all the things around to break. The music has stopped.

Yuna immediately made everyone sleep except Jisu. I looked at her to say thank you. Jisu ran towards us with Ryujin unconscious on my arms.

"Take her home, Yeji unnie."

"Take me with you!" Lia insisted.

"Lia unnie, we'll go there but i just need to clear their memories first okay?" i nodded at Yuna before flying out of there.

"Hang on, Ryuddaeng.."

---

I laid her down the bed. I ripped her shirt apart. I felt weak as i saw how big the poison is from the last time we saw it. It already went up to her neck and shoulders down to her arms. I used up all my energy to try absorb it but i failed. I sobbed harder.

"Please, Ryujin.."

Yuna arrived with Lia minutes after. Lia ran to Ryujin crying hard and touched her face. "Shin Ryujin! Wake up now!" "We still have a surprise for you!"

She was losing her control in shaking Ryujin's body so Yuna pulled her away. She stopped fighting Yuna before looking at me. She turned cold like I don't know her at all.

"This is all your fault."

I couldn't utter a word after she said that. She pulled away from Yuna and walked towards me. She started hitting me on the chest while crying. I don't know if she's not strong i don't feel them or i just feel numb from everything.

"You're so selfish! I shouldn't have trusted you!"

"You knew Yeji!! How dare you cry right now when you knew...you could've saved her!"

"Lia unnie, calm down please,"

"No! I gave up Ryujin because she loves you...and this..she doesn't deserve any of these..." i held her as she sits down lacking strength.

"I'm sorry..." that's all i can say.

I slowly walked back away from them. "Yeji unnie..."
I released my black wings before flying out.

You're escaping again? That's all your good at Yeji. Father will be so disappointed you turned out this way! He'll laugh at you Yeji.

My brother is right I don't deserve the throne.

You're selfish. You're selfish. You're selfish. Stop hoping for love because you're the devil. You're making a fool out of yourself--

"STOOOOP!" i almost lost my balance after i tried to fight off my thoughts.

I felt a presence behind me. I was ready to attack her but she stopped me. She's a girl with red hair.

"I don't mean harm!" her voice is soft like how her white wings look. She bowed down to me as respect. I haven't really encountered anyone from above. We're natural opposites.

"Ryujinie--i need to get to her right now. Please, let me,"

--author--

Four Chapters to goooo ;-;
Hang on tight y'all