Chapter 46: The Leaky Cauldron

The next morning I received an owl from Molly Weasley letting me know that Harry was at the Leaky Cauldron. It angered me knowing that the Ministry didn't alert me as to what had occurred with his aunt but I knew they still didn't trust me. I was getting dressed when Severus entered the room.

"What are you getting all dressed up for, love?"

"Molly just wrote to me. Harry's at the Leaky Cauldron. Apparently he blew up his aunt and left the Dursley's. I need to see him."

"Wait, what!?" he asked, crossing the room toward me.

"Not like blew her up but sort of... inflated her apparently. He's staying at the Leaky Cauldron and I need to go see him."

"No, darling... you need to rest. You shouldn't stress yourself out so much. Besides, it's too dangerous for you to be out and about. What if Black tries to find you?"

"I'll be fine, Severus. The Minister of Magic is staying at the Leaky Cauldron, along with the entire Weasley family, and a bunch of other people. I won't be alone. You can come with if you want to, but I'm going," I said as I grabbed my trunk, walking out of my bedroom. Severus grabbed my arm, softly turning me around. His eyes searched mine before he sighed.

"There's no talking you out of this... is there?"

"Nope," I replied, sighing before continuing. "I wasn't there for him for the first eleven years of his life... I wasn't allowed to be. I want to be there for him now. I know him... he wouldn't have done this unless something happened."

Severus sighed, giving me a small nod, before taking my hand.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you."

"You're going to come with... to the Leaky Cauldron? Where Harry is? And the Weasleys? And probably a ton of students from Hogwarts?" I asked, skeptically. I had invited him along but I didn't think he'd actually agree to it.

"If you're going, I'm going. Until Black is caught, I'm not letting you out of my sight."

I chuckled before interlocking my fingers with his as we apparated to the Leaky Cauldron.

...

When Severus and I arrived at the Leaky Cauldron Arthur Weasley was the first to greet us, pulling me into a hug.

"Y/n, I wonder if I might have a word with you," he said, his eyes flicking back and forth between Severus and I.

"I'll just take our things upstairs and get us a room," Severus said, placing a kiss on my forehead, before turning to Arthur. "Don't let her out of your sight. Return her to me once she's had time to see everyone."

"Of course. Thank you, Severus," Arthur said as Severus took our trunks to the front desk, getting us a room. Arthur turned to me. "He's... intense," he said, laughing as we went inside.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "He worries. Ever since Sirius escaped, he's been more protective and I haven't... exactly been myself."

"That's understandable... given the circumstances... Which is sort of what I wanted to discuss with you. The ministry has discouraged me from discussing this matter with Harry but I feel it's important he knows... Seeing as you are his Godmother, I thought I would discuss the matter with you first."

"Of course... I appreciate that, Arthur. What is it?"

"I feel that Harry should know the truth about Black... at least part of it."

"I agree."

"It is not my business to tell him about your history with Black but I feel he should be warned of the danger he could be in."