Chapter 8: Broken

I helped him into his chambers, placing him on his bed. As I covered him with a blanket and turned to walk away, he grabbed my arm, pulling me back to the bed.

"Don't go, baby," he said, lifting his hand to my face while his other hand still gripped my arm. "Please, baby... I'm sorry for what I said about Harry... I loovvvee youu."

"Severus, you're high. This potion is making you say things you don't really mean."

"No, I mean it. I want you. I need you," he whispers, trying to pull me closer. He grabs my hand and moves it down his torso before placing it directly on his crotch. "Can you feel it, Y/n? I need you..."

I quickly remove my hand, my face turning red as I look away from him.

"See, you want it too. Look at the way you blush for me."

"Severus, you're high." I back away from him as he calls out to me.

"I'm sorry, princess... don't go." He stumbles out of the bed and I quickly turn toward him, returning him to his bed.

"Severus, you need to rest."

His hands wrap around my waist as I try to leave.

"Just stay with me. I promise we'll just sleep... just don't go," he murmured. I sighed, feeling myself giving in to him. I crawled into the bed next to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt something poking my lower back but I tried not to pay attention to it as I focused on falling asleep. He wouldn't be saying any of this if he wasn't high... right?

...

I awoke the next morning with Severus's face buried in my hair. I slowly turned over, realizing he was already awake.

"Good morning, little one."

"Good morning, asshole."

"Ouch. Feisty in the mornings, aren't we?"

"Severus... how much of last night do you remember?"

I watched as he looked down, his cheeks turning red.

"Unfortunately... all of it. I'm sorry for... all of that, darling. I never should've said those things."

"Ah... I see. So the part where you said you loved me..."

"I do love you, just..."

"Just not like that," I finished.

He didn't respond. He simply looked away from me, no longer able to meet my eyes.

"Well... it's not like you feel that way for me."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, sitting up.

"You're still in love with Black." He sat up, carefully watching me.

"That was 10 years ago, Severus."

"So you don't still love him?"

"That's not what I said."

"So you do still love him."

"That's not what I said either."

"That's what you meant!" Severus hissed, getting up.

"Severus, why are you being like this? We were fine... and now you're acting..."

"Acting like what, Y/n!"

"Like you're angry with me... like you're jealous of Sirius."

"I'm not jealous of that mutt!"

"Could've fooled me," I replied, walking toward the door. Severus walked toward me, stepping between me and the door.

"Y/n, wait... I'm sorry. Please, don't go."

"Severus, I can't keep doing this."

"Y/n..."

"Don't... Severus. Just let me go."

He lifted his hand to my face, softly caressing my cheek.

"Please, Y/n..."

"Take care of yourself, yeah?"

I pulled away, opening the door and leaving his chambers as I left a broken man, tears slipping down his cheeks as he closed the door.