Chapter 10: The Sorcerer's Stone

Christmas had quickly approached and Harry spent as much time as possible with me. It was clear to me he had never had a real Christmas while living with the Dursleys and my heart ached for him. I did my best to ensure he had a good Christmas, the same way Minerva had done for me all those years ago.

...

A few weeks later, Harry had his second Quidditch game. He had caught the snitch with ease, much quicker than any other years, though he didn't seem too eager to celebrate his victory as something caught his eye in the distance. I watched as Harry sped away, heading for the forbidden forest. I quickly caught up to him.

"Harry, what are you doing?"

"I saw Snape going into the forbidden forest."

"What? Why would he be going there?"

"That's exactly what I want to find out."

Harry jumped on his broomstick, looking at me. "Are you coming or not?"

I sighed, knowing there was no way he was going to let this go. I climbed on the broomstick and Harry soared above the forbidden forest, searching for Severus. Once he found him, Harry lowered the broom, landing us in a tree.

I could see Severus standing in a clearing with Quirrell.

"...d-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus..."

"Oh, I thought we'd keep this private. Students aren't supposed to know about the Sorcerer's Stone, after all."

My eyes widened as I looked toward Harry, though he didn't seem at all confused by the notion of there being something called a Sorcerer's Stone. It seemed as if he already knew the object existed.

"B-b-but Severus, I-"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," Severus's deep voice replied. I had never heard him sound as threatening as he did in that moment. Even when he was angry I had never heard the icy edge he had in his tone right now.

An owl hooted in the tree we were sitting in and I had to catch Harry to keep him from falling.

"We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie." With that Severus threw his cloak over his head and left the forbidden forest, leaving a terrified Quirrell, a confused Harry, and me... unsure of what to do with all this information.