i. XXV

A/N; Wow. We're actually here - the siege of the north. One season of three almost complete (maybe four, not sure if I'm gonna do the comics or not). Started out as my first fic, which ig it still is lol, and now it's at almost 13k views and over 500 votes... you guys are honestly insane. Thank you all so much for the support on this, it's really helped me keep going when writing it.

I have more to say after the next chapter about the future of this story blah blah blah, but for now - enjoy :)

(fyi like previous chapter this one's been rewritten slightly since initial release so sorry if some comments don't make much sense)

Katara P.o.V.

Clear skies and a bright morning sun, its rays bouncing off the ice and snow that covered everything in Katara's vision. Along with the bodies of Pakku's students lying around, all groaning in pain, it was the perfect start to the perfect day.

So far, she'd faced all but one of his students, and defeated them within seconds. It was thrilling, knowing how far she had come in the past few weeks alone. These boys who'd been training with Pakku for years didn't even stand a chance. Now, here she stood, facing against pupil Sangok, the last of Pakku's students, and he was shaking like he already knew how this would end.

Of course he knew. Everyone present did.

Katara just had to remind them why.

Sangok decided that the best idea for him was to send a ball of ice flying straight at her. Like that would ever even reach her. She reached out, moving the ice to fly around her body as it melted into water, joining a far larger stream that she pulled from the snow beneath her feet. Whipping the stream around her body, she quickly sent it flying towards the boy, raising him into the air and freezing him in place before he could even react.

Taking a deep breath, she lowered her hands and relaxed, a feeling of pride spreading through her. 

"Nice try, pupil Sangok," Pakku's voice echoed from behind her. "A couple more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge. Would anyone else care for a rematch with Katara?" He turned to look at the other students, who were all still trying to recover from getting their asses whooped. By a girl, Katara thought smugly.

"Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained," Pakku praised her. "You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything. Raw talent alone is not enough." The two both glared over at Aang, who was playing with Momo. "Pupil Aang!" Pakku snapped.

Aang looked up surprised, as though he hadn't just gotten caught goofing around. "Yes, Master Pakku?"

"Care to step into the sparring circle?" Pakku smirked. "I figured since you've found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending."

The airbender jumped up, laughing nervously. "Well, I wouldn't say mastered, but check this out!" Knocking Momo off of him, he bent a pile of snow around his body, turning himself into a human snowman. Really? Katara thought in irritation. We travel all this way so you can learn from a master, and you're throwing it away?

One thing Azami had told her pretty early on, that she was now really starting to appreciate - Avatar or no, Aang was still a kid.

Sokka P.o.V.

"Appa and I go way back, don't we boy?"

The bison's response? Covering Sokka in slobber from head to toe. Yue just stood to the side and laughed as Sokka had to try and force Appa off. "No!" he cried, trying to get away. "Easy! Down boy! C'mon, get off!"