ii. II

A/N; SECRET TUNNELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

*ahem* Okay so I looked it up and apparently Chong's instrument is called a dramyin, which if I'm gonna be honest I literally have never heard about before now. So, uh, I'm gonna refer to it as such throughout the chapter in case any of you guys get confused on what the bloody hell a dramyin is.

also side note WOOHOO END OF 2021 LETS GO (remember when we thought 2019 was bad XD good times lol)

Azami P.o.V.

"You guys are gonna be done soon, right? We've got a lot of ground to cover if we want to make it to Omashu today."

Kind of ironic, hearing that coming from Sokka. Make no mistake, she agreed that they needed to get moving, but he was basically naked right now except for a loincloth as he lay on a giant leaf. The four had all gotten into their swimwear to give Aang and Katara time to practice waterbending, and she and Sokka were just relaxing in the meantime.

"What, like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" Katara taunted him.

"I can be ready in two minutes," Sokka deadpanned, not even noticing the lemur curled up on his chest. "Seriously, whenever."

Azami just rolled her eyes as she continued to casually swim around. She was sort of watching the two train, but honestly it was half training and half Aang acting really awkward around Katara. Clearly, like any other guy, he was a little too easily distracted by a girl in a swimsuit, something she'd already called Sokka out for earlier. Creep.

Only a few moments later, the sound of a... was that a dramyin? Man, she hadn't heard that instrument in a while. Glancing over in surprise, she saw five strangely dressed people approaching them, one guy playing the dramyin she heard and singing while another woman was dancing very strangely.

"...don't fall in love with the traveling girl, she'll leave you broken brokenhearted," the weird guy sang before noticing them, and the group paused. Azami heard a splash from behind her, and glanced over in surprise to see that Sokka had flipped off his leaf and Momo was left hovering above him. "Hey hey! River people!"

"We're not river people," Katara shrugged as she and Aang both turned to face the newcomers.

The man looked confused. "You're not?" he wondered aloud, and Azami was instantly reminded of the one time her brother went out drinking. The man was slurring his words like crazy, and his demeanor seemed... flat, as if he were almost sleepwalking. "Well then what kind of people are ya?"

"Just... people," Aang replied.

The man sighed as he raised his arms to the sky. "Aren't we all, brother?"

Sokka walked up to them, his hair now soaked and dripping wet in front of his face, still wearing almost nothing. "Who are you guys?"

"I'm Chong, and this is my wife, Lily," the man introduced with a smile. "We're nomads. Happy to go wherever the wind takes us."

Aang grinned as the man played a weird riff on his dramyin. "You guys are nomads? That's great!" he exclaimed, placing a hand on his chest. "I'm a nomad too!"

"Heey, me too!" Chong replied happily.

"Uh, we know," Azami deadpanned. "You literally just told us that."

Chong ran a hand through his hair, his expression dazed. "Oh," he muttered, before smirking over at Sokka. "Nice underwear."

Sokka's eyes were wide as he quickly grabbed Momo off his head, holding him in front of hisnlegs before waddling off awkwardly. Chong then turned his gaze to Azami, and she glared at him, as if daring the man to say something out of line.