i. VII

Azami P.o.V.

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?"

"Well... I know it's near water."

Oh great, Azami thought sarcastically. We're almost there! Looking around, there was nothing but ocean as far as the eye could see. Why exactly had they left the planning to Aang?

Sokka deadpanned, clearly, he was just as unimpressed with Aang's navigating skills. "I guess we're getting close then."

Katara was busy trying to sew Sokka's pants together, which meant the teenager was sitting uncomfortably close to Azami without any clothing on beneath his waist, a sight Azami was desperately trying to avoid. She leaned over the saddle, tuning out Aang's words as she heard him trying to impress Katara for the tenth time on this trip.

So far, they'd had time for six stops since leaving the south pole, and their dynamic had been pretty monotonous. Sokka complains about meat, Katara takes on the motherly role, and Aang tries to impress her while Azami tries not to go insane. Unfortunately for her, she did overhear Sokka's next comment. "...you need to give girls space when they do their sowing."

Not expecting to hear something so blatantly sext, Azami choked a little before snapping her head around to face the water tribe boy. "Excuse me?"

Katara looked just as irritated with Sokka, if not more so. "What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?"

Sokka just shrugged. "Simple, girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting, fighting, stuff like that. It's just the natural order of things."

Azami raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Well, in that case, you clearly wouldn't be afraid to fight me, right? I'm sure a big, strong man like yourself wouldn't back down from being challenged by a girl." Sokka spluttered, not expecting her response, but before he could say anything the firebender had turned to Katara. "What do you think, Kat? You think Sokka could win in a duel?"

Katara just smirked. "I think you're right, clearly sparring with Sokka would, ah, help you improve, since I'm so sure he's a better fighter," she replied, sarcasm dripping in her voice. "Oh, and by the way, Sokka? I'm all done with your pants! And look at what a great job I did!"

She threw Sokka's pants back in his face, causing Azami to giggle softly as he desperately pleaded with his sister. "Wait, I was just kidding! I can't wear these! Katara, please!" 

He shoved his hand through the gaping hole in his pants (it was located right between the legs of the pants, and Azami didn't even want to consider thinking about how that had happened), trying to prove a point to Katara, but she was clearly not going to help him. His gaze then moved to Azami, who just looked at him in disbelief before she started laughing at him.

"Fat chance, Sokka," she laughed. "You'd have better luck asking Appa to do it for you."

Sokka grumbled, but before he could get any other words out Aang spoke up. "Relax, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants."

Azami's eyes widened. "Wait, what?"

Fortunately, Aang meant something entirely different to what she had been fearing, which she was immeasurably grateful for. Within a few hours, the gaang had found themselves landing on a crescent-shaped island, near a beach surrounded by trees. 

Sokka seemed a little irritated by Aang's decision to make yet another stop, and Azami was feeling much the same at this point. "We just made a pit stop yesterday," Sokka complained. "Shouldn't we get more flying done before we camp?"