A/N - Fic update, Book II

Hey guys!

So this is basically me filling you guys in on how I'm feeling about the story, plans for it, etc. etc. Seemed appropriate to do one for the transition between book one and two.

Plans for book 2

I'm just gonna say it - I've been doing at least a chapter a week for about four months straight now, with more than a few times where I've uploaded two or more in a week. While it is a lot of fun, it's also pretty draining, so I've decided to take a break for this story for basically the rest of 2021. Considering that's only a few weeks, I hope that's ok with you guys.

I'll probably be back with book 2 starting in January, which will, by the way, be continued in this fic, not in a new one. I don't really like the idea of seperating different parts of the same narrative into different books. This fic is about Azami's story throughout the ATLA narrative - so that story is going to be finished in this fic. Plus, I'd be lying if I said it doesn't help keep the fic growing lol.

Now, as for plans regarding this narrative - book 2 is gonna pan out pretty similarly to book 1. I'll be skipping a few episodes - namely, Avatar day and Zuko alone, as they contribute nothing of value to this story. You can bet your ass we'll be seeing most of the other chapters though - GOD am I hyped for cave of two lovers, the swamp, chase, library, tales, crossroads... it's gonna be good. At least I hope it is :P. Oh, and for anyone wondering where the "SokkaxOC" parts of the fic are at? They're coming, dw. I'm just more concerned with Azami's personal journey at the moment.

(may or may not skip the drill, hard to say)

New/side fic

Something I've considered doing as a bit of a side project is actually making another fic, one that covers Azulon's P.o.V. around the start of the war, covering major moments from his childhood with Azami, her disappearance, his rise to power as Firelord, along with how he was in the spirit world.

Fun fact btw - there's already a hint of how that all works out in a previous chapter, if you could spot it. I didn't exactly try to hide it, just curious to see if you picked up on it lol. In addition, this side fic would also cover him following Azami's journey throughout the Forgotten Princess, albeit in small snapshot moments, including when he sees her at the solstice.

If you guys would like to see that, just let me know - I'm probably going to do it anyways cuz I find it super interesting, but if you guys want to see it sooner rather than later, I can make it a higher priority alongside book 2. If no one really cares, then I'll probably only do it after this fic is completed in full.

Editing

Next up is looking at how I want to improve the story. Something that is absolutely coming is an edited and updated version of a lot of the earlier chapters of this fic - probably rewriting most of the intro to fit more in line with the writing style of the rest of book 1. Likely won't be doing this until I'm finished book 3 at least, but it's definitely coming as I can't look back at those early chapters without cringing anymore :P

Oh, and slight note - I'll be changing the naming scheme for the chapters so it makes sense without going to fucking MLXXIVVIVIVIIX or whatever for chapter numbers. New system will be as follows;

Book 1, Chapter 5; I.V
Book 2, Chapter 14; II.XIV

and so on. Hopefully this makes sense for you guys.

One other question - I'm thinking about updating the cover art to the one shown below, is that okay with you guys? Cuz if I'm being honest the current one is like one of the most commonly used pieces of Azula art and I've definitely thought about replacing it. Not to mention that blue fire is obviously a lot more fitting to this fic than orange. Leaving the choice to you guys, as it doesn't really affect me that much. If you prefer the current cover art, then I'll leave it as is.

(keep in mind this is a screenshot and far more pixelated than the actual thing would be, as for some reason wattpad decided to seriously upscale it)

Anyways, I think that's about it - see you guys in 2022, with hopefully a little less covid :)

Edit; most of this is already obsolete but I decided to leave it in anyways in case anyone still cares to read it :P