i. XIII

A/N; 4:30 am upload time, hehe what even is a sleep schedule. Not much to say really, just continuing where we left off. Took a slight break after literally writing three chapters in five days (someone help im getting addicted), but ready to continue the story now :D

(fyi I really don't care much for this episode so it may not be the best written, sorry)

Azami P.o.V.

"Ungh... Ow! Sokka, stop, it hurts!" 

"This wouldn't hurt if you would just relax, princess! Let me handle this! Could you please just stop fighting me?"

Azami grumbled as she felt Sokka changing her bandages for what felt like the tenth time (it was only two but she was feeling dramatic). It had been a couple weeks since the solstice, and her arm had mostly healed up by now - or as much as it could, considering the permanent scarring - but she still had to get the bandages exchanged fairly often to avoid infections until it healed completely.

Sokka rolled his eyes as he finished tightening it off. "There, I'm done. Now level with me, Princess, was that really so bad?"

She just crossed her arms and huffed as she looked away, a pout forming on her lips. Sokka smirked before he looked up to see Aang pacing back and forth on Appa non-stop. "Would you sit down?" he asked, concerned. "If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off. What's bugging you anyway?"

Aang kept pacing, his eyes wide. "It's what Avatar Roku said! I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives."

Sokka smirked. "Well, let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending, and that only took you a hundred and twelve years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer." Azami slapped his arm at that comment, but he just shrugged.

"I haven't even started waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole!" Aang panicked, clutching his head as he kneeled down. "What am I gonna do?!"

Katara spoke up from where she was sitting on Appa's head. "Aang, calm down, it's gonna be okay. If you want, I can try and teach you some of the stuff I know."

Aang grinned, looking over at her. "You'd do that?"

Katara smiled back at him for a moment, then turned thoughtful. "We'll need to find a good source of water first."

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in," Sokka joked.

Within minutes, they had landed at the base of a gigantic waterfall, which pooled at its base before turning into a river that trailed off into the distance. "What do you think, Sokka?" Azami mocked. "Pretty nice puddle, huh?"

Sokka just blushed slightly and crossed his arms as he pouted. "Shut up," he grumbled.

Aang and Katara had massive grins, staring at the view before them. Appa dove headfirst into the pool and rolled onto his back, sighing in contentment.  Aang stripped most of his clothes to go join the bison. "Yeah! Don't start without me, boy!" he cheered.

"Remember the reason we're here," Katara deadpanned, and Aang's face fell slightly.

"Oh, right. Time to practice waterbending," he smirked.

"Great," Sokka muttered. "So what are Azami and I supposed to do?"

Azami appeared thoughtful for a moment, a grin stretching across her face. "Well, I think I'm gonna go take a nap. Maybe you could clean out the gunk between Appa's toes in the meantime."

"Wait, what?" Sokka squeaked. "Why do I have to do that while you-"

Azami faked a yawn, stretching her arms out as much as possible to really sell it. "Yeah yeah whatever. See, I'm still 'injured', Sokka," she explained pointing to her arm. "So I need my beauty sleep to get better. Have fun!" She smirked as she waved to them and walked off with her sleeping bag in hand.