i. XI

A/N; oh I'm sorry, did you think this was a real chapter update? LOL GET BAITED ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm just kidding. Here's the chapter xD

(also btw some slight swearing in this chapter)

Katara P.o.V.

The two water tribe siblings had remained by the village entrance for hours now, their hope slowly fading that Aang or Azami would return. As if he sensed her emotions, Appa came up beside Katara, gently nudging her with his nose and breathing out on her. She smiled softly, petting him.

"It's okay, Appa," she comforted the bison. "I'm sure they're on their way back. I bet they even found you a bunch of moon peaches for a treat."

Sokka grumbled beside her, his arms crossed as he started to tap his foot nervously. "What's taking them so long? Aang definitely should've been able to find her by now."

Katara looked over at her brother, concerned. "Maybe we should take Appa for a quick flight around the area, see if we can spot either of them from above." Sokka only nodded in response, and they both got on the bison before taking off.

Aang, wherever you are, please be careful, Katara thought to herself.

Sokka P.o.V.

Katara and Sokka continued flying around on Appa, hoping to spot Aang or Azami from above, but after hours without success they finally headed back to the village in defeat. Sokka couldn't help but feel responsible - after all, he had been the first to race out and fight a spirit he stood no chance against, and Azami had just been trying to protect him.

The two went to head into the main building, when they heard a rush of air from nearby. Looking over towards the village entrance, they saw Aang racing back, his glider in hand. "You're back!" Katara yelled excitedly, running to hug him.

Sokka came up behind them, a frown on his face as he noticed the airbender was alone. "Where's Azami?" he asked Aang, and the young boy just looked down in defeat.

"I'm not sure," Aang muttered, and Sokka felt the pit in his stomach grow.

"Do you at least have a plan to deal with the Hei Bai spirit?" Katara asked hopefully, and the downcast look on Aang's face did not reassure either sibling in the slightest.

Azami P.o.V.

"Welcome to the spirit world, sister."

Azami's head quickly snapped around to look to her side, her eyes widening as she took in the nearby figure. He looked older than when she had last seen him, but there was no denying the familiar face that was watching her closely, nor the voice that had sung her to sleep when she was little.

She glanced up to meet his eyes, tears slowly starting to fill her own. "Azulon?" she whispered out, and the man nodded in response. Quickly getting up, she sprinted towards her brother, throwing her arms around his large figure as she softly cried into his chest.

She hadn't realized how much she had missed her brother the past month, especially given the fact that she thought she'd never see him again. For some reason, however, his arms had remained firmly by his side. Looking up at him, her eyes blurred by tears, she felt a twinge of uncertainty at the cold expression on his face. "A-Are you ok?" she whispered.

"...really? That's it?" Azulon scoffed. He rolled his eyes, pulling away from her grasp on him. "No 'it's so nice to see you', or 'I missed you'. A hundred years apart, and the only thing you have to say is just a simple 'you ok'?"