i. XVI

A/N; OKAY SLOW DOWN I know this is the Great Divide and it's boring filler crap but I promise I've basically rewritten most of the episode and it actually does have a reason to be here xD

No, I don't know why I felt like uploading four chapters in two days, I just got a lot of motivation to write rn so I'm taking full advantage of it. (also idk if you can see the gif but if you can look at this adorable innocent little bean :3)

Azami P.o.V.

"...why don't you worry about gathering the firewood, because that kindling is looking pretty sorry."

"Well if you don't like my firewood!"

Azami groaned, trying to block out the sound of the sibling's fight. She'd spent the past week since the whole Jet incident listening to them fight as she nursed her broken ribs, and it was starting to get really annoying. Azami had been pretty quick to forgive Katara for trusting Jet - the guy was a manipulative slimeball who'd played with Katara's emotions to further his cause - but it seemed as though Sokka hadn't.

"Fine by me! If you're not gonna do your job!" Sokka shouted, and Azami winced at the sound of the tent collapsing.

"Okay, I get the grub if you guys get the..." Aang's voice trailed off as he saw the fight going on. "Hey, where's the campfire? And what happened to the tent?"

"Why don't you ask Miss Know-it-all, queen of the twigs?" Sokka grumbled.

"Oh yeah?" Katara whipped around, irritated. "Well, you're Mister Lazy-bum, king of the... tent!" To emphasize her point, she through a stick at the back of Sokka's head.

The two looked ready to have an actual fight, but fortunately Aang stepped in. "Okay, listen guys, harsh words won't solve problems. Action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?"

The siblings instantly relaxed and just went along with it. "You see that?" Aang smiled with pride. "Settling feuds and making peace. All in a day's work for the Avatar."

Azami sighed in relief from where she was sitting, propped against Appa's side. "Thank you, Aang."

"How are your ribs doing?" Aang asked her.

She winced, rubbing her sides with her arms. "Sore, but getting a little better. At least I'm not coughing up blood every time I breathe anymore." Looking over to Appa's head, she groaned as she saw the bison fighting with Momo over a watermelon. "Oh for spirits' sake, not you two as well."

The lemur was desperately trying to pull the watermelon out from under Appa's toe, but it refused to budge. He walked off, pouting, and Appa went to eat the watermelon. Right as it landed on his tongue, Momo quickly snatched it and handed it to Aang, who cut it pretty close to the base on one side. He passed the larger portion to Appa, and the smaller to Momo.

The lemur looked up at Aang in annoyance, but the airbender just shrugged. "Come on, Momo, that's fair. Appa's got five stomachs."

Azami sighed in relief, leaning her head back against Appa. At least there was one other sensible person around here.

~timeskip cuz this episode sucks XD~

"ALL RIGHT, HERE'S THE DEAL!" Aang shouted at the two tribes. "You're all going down together, and Appa will fly your sick and elderly across! Does that seem fair?"

Okay, scratch that. Azami was the only sensible person around.

She was glaring at Aang as he proposed his absurd idea. So now she was going to be marching across the entire canyon with broken ribs. Great, that'll end well.