i. XIV

A/N; alright time for the guy with horrid eyebrows let's get into it (I mean seriously look at this dude I'd rather have a unibrow than that XD)

Azami P.o.V.

The gaang was currently sitting around in the middle of a forest, taking a quick rest before they continued their journey.

"Where's Momo?" Aang suddenly asked. Looking around, Azami noticed that the lemur was nowhere in sight. The group decided that they should go looking for him, and before long they found him trapped in a metal cage hanging from a tree. 

"Hang on, Momo!" Aang quickly leaped up with his airbending, sitting on a tree branch before he leaned over, lowering the cage to the ground. They quickly opened it, letting the poor creature out, and he immediately raced out eating a berry, as if nothing had happened.

There were a few other creatures trapped in the cages as well, and Aang being the sympathetic lifesaver he is, he leaped back up trying to free them. Spirits, we'll be here until dusk, Azami groaned. Aang was moving at an absolute snailsloth's pace.

Fortunately, Sokka seemed to be thinking the same thing as her. "This is gonna take forever," Sokka muttered, before he quickly threw his boomerang at the cables holding up the cages, dropping them all. The animals quickly ran off as soon as they were free, and Sokka went to go examine the traps.

"These are Fire Nation traps," he said in a low voice. "You can tell from the metalwork. We'd better pack up camp and get moving." For once, the gaang was in complete agreement and they made their way back to Appa.

As they were loading their supplies onto Appa, Sokka seemed to decide that he wanted to make life miserable for them. "Uh-uh, no flying this time."

Aang seemed shocked. "What? Why wouldn't we fly?"

"Think about it," Sokka reasoned. "Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable!"

Katara scoffed at him. "What? Appa's not too noticeable."

Azami sighed, knowing he had a point. It was dangerous to inflate Sokka's ego, but in this instance she had to for their safety. "Look, guys, he may be right on this. Appa's the only flying bison in the world, he's kinda hard to miss."

"Exactly!" Sokka exclaimed. "You really expect anyone to not notice a gigantic monster with an arrow on his head?"

Appa groaned at him, seeming upset. "Sokka's just jealous cause he doesn't have an arrow," Aang reasoned.

Sokka seemed to be persistent on this. "Look, I know you all wanna fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk."

"Who made you the boss?" Katara leered at him.

Sokka pointed at himself. "I'm not the boss, I'm the leader."

"You're the leader?" Katara laughed at him. "But your voice still cracks!"

"I'm the oldest, and I'm a warrior! So," and here Sokka lowered his voice, as if it would change anything, causing Azami to laugh at him. "I'm the leader."

"Uh, Sokka, you do know I'm a hundred and fourteen years old, right?" Azami smirked. "I think I got you beat as the oldest."

"Besides," Katara continued, "if anyone's the leader, it's Aang. I mean he is the Avatar."

"Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid!" Sokka whined.

They all looked over to see Aang hanging upside down from one of Aang's horns. "He's right," Aang admitted.