1.

1. LETTER

 LETTER

Eevi

February    10am     year 2011

The last year in secondary school. Today is the day when we are going to pick where we want to go to study. High school or vocational school. I'm going to choose for my first option Madetoja High school of music. I love music, singing and playing piano. And of course because my friend wants to go there, because his friends are there too, they are a little older than him. And that friend.. well I have a big crush on him. He doesn't know it, yet.
I planned to write him a letter and somehow give it to him. I love writing poetrys and lyrics, so that's how I'm gonna do it. Like in a movie.
Our first class was over, and the next one is the one where we are doing our options of studying.
But now is half an hour break, so I decided to write it now.

I walked to a bench, and students runned, talked and laughed everywhere. But that didn't bother me.
I took a piece of paper and started to write.
I was in my thoughts, I knew what to write. I thinked about him, and in minutes it was ready.
"Hi Eevi, what are you doing?" A shrill voice asked next to me. That's my bestfriend, we have known each other for years.
"I finally decided to tell him." I smiled shyly.
"How?" She asked curious.
"I wrote him a letter, there is a poetry. I know he's my friend and I could just tell him, but this is more of my style." I told her blushing. She nodded and started to do some homeworks.

I needed a plan, how am I going to give him this letter? Should I put this in his locker, or put it between a book? I don't know yet, but I have to act fast.
"Eevi, have you seen Olli?" Tommi suddenly came to us. He's Olli's friend too and he's very funny and nice guy. We are close too, like we are with Olli.
"I haven't, sorry." I smiled to him and he nodded and kept going.
"Now I know what to do." I said quietly to my blonde bestfriend. We are that blonde and brunette duo.
She listened carefully.
"Okay, I will put this in one of his books between the pages, and when he's going to the locker and almost putting it there, this letter will drop from there." I explained excited. I was more nervous, but I needed to hide it.
"How he's going to know you wrote it?" She asked, raising his other eyebrow.

"I wrote my first letter of my name to the end of the letter. And he knows I write poetrys and lyrics." I winked to her and she just smiled a little nodding.
Olli always goes to his locker before a class to put some of his books there, so now I just needed to find him.

I walked throught the lounges to find him. He was on the music class with Tommi and Santeri. Of course there. Where else? Those three always spent breaks in there.
"Hi guys." I smiled to them.
"Hi Eevi, what's up? You know what school's you're going to pick?" Santeri smiled.
I walked closer to Olli, his backbag was open and I saw a book, I just needed to put my letter in there.
"Yeah, same options what Olli and Tommi had picked. But of course I wish I could get in Madetoja." I said and they all started to talk about the school. I saw my moment in here, so I slowly moved my hands to the backbag and I searched a first book that was in there. And faster than ever, I put the letter between the pages of the book. No one saw. Good.

"But yeah, I need to go." I said to them. I smiled to Olli and looked him longer, as always. He smiled back and that made my heart beat fast.
I walked back to my friend, excited and also nervous.
How Olli is going to react when he sees it?
"You did it?" She asked, still doing those homeworks.
"Yeah, and I'm nervous as hell." I sighed. She didn't say anything, I was just daydreaming.

My friend went to her locker, and I sat on the bench. Then Olli, Tommi and Santeri walked out of the music class, towards Olli's locker. I got so nervous.
I didn't saw them, so I decided to stand up and walk closer, but like that they don't see me.
My friends locker is close to Olli's, and she was still there.
Then Olli opened his locker, and talked something with my friend. I didn't hear so good, but something still.
Then he took the book where the letter is.
It dropped from there.
Shit.
My hands were so sweaty, and I thought of throwing up in any second because of this.
He took the letter and opened it, he looked a little confused.
He started to read it. I saw how he smiled a little. That made my heart go crazy and I couldn't stop smiling.

Then he turned to look my friend, she looked him too.
"Did you write this?" Olli asked from her.
"What..?" She asked back. I got confused.
"There is your name first letter, E. You're Emilia, right?" Olli smirked.
What is going on? No no no no.
"Oh yeah.. yeah I did write it.." She answered shyly.
What?!
What the fuck?
I felt how my heart broke into pieces. Tears started to fall down from my eyes. This can't be true.
Emilia is my best friend. And Olli is MY crush, not her's.

The class started. I still tried not to cry, I sat very far away from Emilia, and Olli. When we started to do the choices, my heart was so broken and mind as well. I hate my life.
My options of high schools were all in Helsinki.
I want to fucking move out of Oulu. Far away from those two.
Olli did nothing wrong, but Emilia did. That bitch.

"Hey Eevi, what choices you made?" I heard Olli's voice behind me when we walked out of the class.
I felt how I needed to cry again. Only hearing his soft voice made me want to cry.
"The same what I told you before..." I answered quietly and walked faster.
I don't need anyone right now.
Only now I need to tell my parents that in summer I will move to Helsinki.

June    3pm    2021

My shift in a cafe just ended, a short day. I was walking down the streets in Helsinki, I loved this city in summer. So beautiful. I got a message from my brother, he asked if I wanted to visit his apartment. I texted yes and started to walk there while I listened some music from my headphones.
I reached the building and walked in. I took the elevator and pressed the fourth floor button.
In the mean time I took my headphones off, then the elevator stopped and doors opened.
I rang the doorbell and waited for a couple seconds.

"Hi Eevi." My brown haired brother greeted me smiling.
"Hi Niko." I smiled and walked in.
"I have missed you." Niko said and hugged, I hugged him back.
"It has been only a week." I chuckled.
"But still, you're the best sister I have." He grinned and we walked to his kitchen.

"You know our tour is starting next month, in couple weeks. And I thought that would you like to come with us? I know how much you love music and everything, it would be a cool experience to you." Niko explained while he poured some coffee for us.
My heart started to beat faster. That could only mean one thing.
"But.. you know who is your bands basist." I said quietly. Niko sighed and took a seat across from me.
"It has been ten years Eevi..." He rubbed his eyes.

"Still hurts like a hell." I mumbled back.

New story! As you see, I tried something different this time, like that gif and I will put them to every chapter. I'm not going to update every single day like I have done before, I want to focus better to writing, and I will not take any pressure about publishing new chapter every day.
I'm already thanking you for reading this 🖤