forty-one

forty-one

_____ 🌿 _____

IT FELT STRANGE TO BE BACK AT WORK, BUT JIMIN FOUND MORE COMFORT AMONGST THE GREENERY THAN HE DID AT HOME. Being surrounded by the various plants and constant coverage of dirt brought him a sense of peace that he had longed for since leaving Yoongi's side. Here, he could pretend that he was back at Eden, surrounded by her glorious garden, designed with him in mind. It's likeness was that of a homemade versailles, with its intricate pathways, clear blue ponds, and statues. It was a plant lover's paradise and it was his paradise.

He was also thankful to still have a job, but that was besides the point.

The first two weeks back home passed by in an odd fashion; some days felt longer while others seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. His days were divided between his school, working almost full time to make up for the past month, and answering the endless amount of questions that Jin and Jungkook came up with. Just when he thought they'd run out of things to ask him, they would come up with something new that intrigued them. Much like with their conversation from this weekend, when Jin had suddenly bombarded him with whether or not Jimin was still single.

"So you two are a thing now right? I mean, I know you explained that you used to be a thing, but what about now? Are you a couple again? How does that work?"

"Yes, we're a couple," Jimin responded, taking a large sip of his tea, as he cleaned up the counter in his kitchen. "He's my boyfriend," with his back turned to his friends, however, he was free to grimace at the word boyfriend, because Yoongi was not his boyfriend, and saying it outloud sounded wrong. But to tell them that he was his husband might be enough for Jin to send him to an early grave. He gently touched the ring around his neck.

"What's he like? You haven't given us any details really about him,"

"He's hot," Jungkook stated, with a mouth full of food. Jimin shot him a look, to which the younger shrugged. "What? He is,"

"Stick to Taehyung," Jimin said with a smirk. "-and he's perfect. I swear this isn't the romantic in me talking, he really is the most perfect gentleman I've ever met. He's compassionate, intelligent, and funny. He's passionate, his words are like poetry, and sometimes I think he's more of a god than he is a man - which sounds stupid when I put it that way because he is a vampire - but he truly is unreal, Hyung,"

"I think you're whipped,"

"Yeah, Maybe,"

Maybe was an understatement.

That was how most of his days went: school (and questions), then off to work (with more questions) and then home to answer more questions. Jimin was convinced that he could answer their questions in his sleep.

And that was how his day was currently going. In between repotting plants and handling customers, Jimin was filling the time with helping Jungkook figure out how to approach Taehyung. The best advice the older could give him, was to pull him aside and to talk about it. Rip the bandaid off, and bring the subject up. Taehyung was an open-minded person, and maybe this would be the best way to bring the two together. Of course, Jungkook would need far more reassurance than just 'talk to him, everything will be fine,' and Jimin was starting to wonder if he really was an Alpha or an omega in disguise.

He could feel his phone buzzing in his back pocket as he made his way into the back to work on repotting the next batch of pothos. With a laugh, and a shake of his head, he grabbed a bag of dirt, and made a mental note to respond to Jungkook when he was finished.