fifty two

fifty-two

_____ 🌿 _____

SUNLIGHT PEEKED IT'S WAY THROUGH THE CANOPY OF LEAVES AS IT ROSE OVER THE HORIZON. The forest was silent in the early morning. Nothing was awake; nothing...except two young men and a rather, alarmingly large wolf with a bag hanging from its jaws, trekking up the mountain side.

Jimin yawned loudly as he trailed tiredly behind Jin. He did not miss waking up early. He would have been content to lie in bed all day with Yoongi (and partake in other activities), but with Jungkook's rut having passed, they were a go for their hiking trip up to the falls. Which of course meant waking up at an ungodly hour of the morning to get there for a decent time.

They woke up with the forest as Jin led them up the trail, stopping on occasion to catch their breath and for Jungkook to really stretch his legs.

They didn't notice the eyes that followed them through the trees. Jimin was too focused on trying not to trip over fallen logs as he stumbled along the trail, yawning. He lent into Jin's side as they continued down the path. Jungkook had run off ahead of them; they'd lost sight of him almost five minutes ago. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"How are...how are you and Yoongi doing?" Jin asked between his own yawns.

"We're doing really well. He's been a bit clingy the past few days, but I don't mind. I find it rather adorable," Jimin left out the reason why Yoongi had been so clingy. He didn't want to worry Jin, and he was done talking about nightmares. "We've been talking more too; he knows so much about everything, especially the arts – and I thought professor Kim was intelligent. And the way he speaks — it's like listening to Angels sing; the tenor of his voice is alluring and seductive and-" Jimin flushed bright red. "-Hyung he's so perfect, it's unfair,"

Jin smiled softly. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen Jimin so happy.

"We were talking about Paris too," he added absentmindedly. "We might go...some day,"

"I'd love to see Paris," Jin sighed dreamily. "I'd love to get out of here in general. Maybe not forever — this is home after all, and I love it here — but just for a bit. See the world and all that,"

"I'm sure you will," Jimin told him. "With Hoseok by your side, I'm sure he'd show you the world in a heartbeat,"

Jin blushed furiously.

"Shut up,"

Jimin let out a loud laugh, drawing Jungkook's attention back to them.

"Ooooh, Hyung's blushing!!!! What are you talking about, don't leave me out!"

Both of them turned their heads to see Jungkook bounding towards them in human form, his backpack gripped tightly in one hand. He was grinning widely.

"I am not blushing," Jin countered, trying to hide his face in his hands, "It's just a trick of the light, you've gone mad,"

"And I'm not a giant dog," Jungkook replied with a roll of his eyes. Jimin snickered.

"Jin and I are talking about Hoseok," Jimin stated, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh? And how is Mr Jung?" Jungkook questioned.

"He's fine,"

"Uh huh, just fine? You have nothing you want to confess? Like how you got that hickey?"

Jin clapped a hand over his next.

"KIM SEOKJIN!"

"Wait a minute, before you yell at me, let's talk about the scratches on your back, Jeon Jungkook, it seems I wasn't the only one who had an eventful week!"