fifty-seven

fifty-seven

_____ 🌿 _____

JIMIN IS DREAMING; THAT MUCH HE IS CERTAIN OF AS HE GLANCED AROUND HIS SURROUNDINGS.

He doesn't remember dreaming about this place before, but it seemed oddly familiar to him. The home is small, and cottage-esque; a one room type deal, with a second room off to the side for sleeping maybe. It's damp, and Jimin can smell the ashes of a now put out fire. The floorboards creaked under his weight as he shifted in place. He's unsettled by the atmosphere, and wants to leave.

He reached for the handle, only to find it locked. He jiggled the handle with both handles

"Where do you think you're going my darling?"

Jimin spun around, startled.

A shadowy man lurked in the darkness of the cabin — the only thing visible about him were two, pale hands, that seemed disembodied as they floated around the dark. Jimin recognized them; he'd know those hands anywhere. He raised a hand up to his throat, his fingers grazing against his skin.

He let out a shaky breath. The air around his mouth swirled with white smoke — he was freezing in here.

"Won't you answer me?" the voice sounded pained and angered.

"I was just going for a walk," he replied weakly. Jimin backed himself against the door frame.

"In the middle of the night?" the voice questioned, accusingly.

"I couldn't sleep, thought it would help clear my head if I went down by the lake; being near the water helps calm me down, you know that,"

The hands laughed without humour.

"Do you think me stupid darling?"

"N-No, never I would never think that of you, why-"

"DID YOU THINK THAT I WOULDN'T FIND OUT ABOUT HIM!" the hands shouted, slamming down on the table, rattling the wooden surface. "DID YOU THINK THAT I WOULD LET YOU SNEAK OFF TO SEE HIM?!"

Jimin stumbled backwards with a cry, searching for the door handle blindly. It turned beneath his grasp, and he landed on the damp grass with a thud. His hands splashed into the freezing cold water. He was no longer in the cabin, but by the lakeshore. Jimin whimpered.

"HOW DARE YOU! AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE — THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?"

Two white hands shot out and grabbed him by the throat tightly. Jimin gasped in shock but nothing came out. Finally, he could see the face that the hands belonged to.

Dk's eyes were menacing and full of agony as he seethed in resentment.

"I loved you," he whimpered through the tears that were streaming down his cheeks. "I LOVED YOU AND YOU CHOSE HIM! WHY? HE'LL NEVER LOVE YOU THE WAY I DO! HE'LL RUIN YOU!"

Jimin choked loudly, clawing at the hands around his throat.

"You need to be punished for your sins,"

Jimin tried to scream as his head was shoved under water.

Jimin was drowning; that much he was certain of as the cold, merciless hands pushed him deeper into her depths. Water filled his lungs rapidly, forcing him to gag under the water. The pain in his neck is unbearable; he could feel his esophagus crushing under the force of his hands. It became harder to focus, and his limbs felt heavier than usual. His mind is telling him to fight, but his body is saying stop. It's cold, he notes. I'm freezing.