twenty-nine

twenty-nine

_____ 🌿 _____

JIMIN AND TAEHYUNG STAYED DOWN THERE FOR WHAT FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY; talking about anything and everything in an attempt to know each other better. They traded stories about their childhood, and Jimin spent a lengthy amount of time talking about Jin and Jungkook (while conveniently leaving out the part where Jungkook turned into a rather large wolf). Taehyung seemed content to listen to stories about Jimin's life, almost like he was reliving old memories. Every so often, he would question Jimin about Jungkook, and while it was typically something Jimin thought he would ask Jungkook himself, he could see just how hard Taehyung was trying, that deep down he genuinely cared about him. Jungkook wasn't just anybody to him. He was everything, Taehyung just couldn't see it right away. In some ways, Jimin could see himself in Taehyung; both of them had conflicted emotions for people in their lives. It was easy for him to open up about how he was feeling towards Yoongi, to get it out into the open and not just on the pages of a diary.

"I'm feeling so many things that I don't even know what are my emotions and what are my past ones that are slowly resurfacing as I gain memories back that I wasn't even aware were lost," Jimin explained in a frustrated tone. "I can see why I fell in love with him all those years ago, and I can already feel myself falling in love with him all over again, but that scares me. I'm falling for a man I barely know, and yet I feel as if I know everything there is to possibly know about him,"

"It sounds like you're afraid of what might happen if you allow yourself to fall in love,"

"I am. I've never really been in love in this life, and I don't know what or how I'm supposed to feel. A-And what if it doesn't work out? What if...history repeats itself?"

"I don't believe that will happen. Yoongi wouldn't let that happen to you and things are different now," Taehyung stated.

"I suppose so,"

"Jimin? What do you want?" Taehyung questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you want out of this?"

"The old me wants Yoongi," Jimin mumbled.

"Forget what the old you wants, what do you want? The you right here, right now,"

Jimin's face turned red as a tomato as he turned his head away from Taehyung.

"Him," he mumbled out embarrassedly. "Fuck, I want him,"

Taehyung laughed in response.

"Then why are you trying to fight it? If he's what you want, let yourself fall in love. The worst that could happen is that you two don't work out - which I know won't happen because I've seen the way you two look at each other. There's so much love and adoration that you can't see. What you two have is a very beautiful thing. There's nothing wrong with letting yourself feel Jmin, even if you're nervous,"

And maybe Taehyung was right. While their introduction was unorthodox and unconventional there was no harm in seeing where this went. Yoongi wouldn't hurt him - the man was too in love with him, he could see it in his eyes. Jimin often wondered what it was even like to be that in love with someone, and if his love for Yoongi back then had been as strong as Yoongi's was for him.

"Taehyung, what do you want?" Jimin asked, flipping the narrative.

"I want to be happy," Taehyung said, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I know it sounds cliche and all, but I've give anything to be able to spend forever with someone I loved and know I'd never lose them,"