thirty

thirty

_____ 🌿 _____

day 13

;

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE ARRIVING AT EDEN, YOONGI IS STILL IN BED WHEN JIMIN WAKES UP. He's convinced that he's dreaming based on how still he was, propped up on his side, as he stared softly into his eyes. But then he lent over, and kissed the top of his forehead, his one hand coming up to cup the side of his face, so Jimin knows it's not a dream. A goofy smile spread across his face, and he tackled the older back against the mattress, straddling his waist and snuggling into his chest with a content sigh. Yoongi is cold, as per usual, but as more time goes on, the cold becomes less shocking, and more inviting. Yoongi doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around him.

"Good morning," Yoongi whispered, brushing some of his hair out of his face. Jimin smiled, and pushed his face into the palm of his hand.

Jimin can't help but notice how natural everything feels; from the kisses they shared last night, to the way they stayed up talking about their day, to this very moment. It all felt as if it was meant to be. Jimin was glad that he had that talk with Taehyung, that he decided to stop fighting his emotions, because he wouldn't trade this feeling for the world.

"Morning," Jimin mumbled back, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "You're still here," he adds. He doesn't mean for it to sound harsh, but he's grown so accustomed to waking up on his own that this is a bit of a surprise.

Yoongi swallowed as he craned his neck upwards to kiss the tip of his nose. "I felt guilty for leaving you without saying good morning the other day. I thought this might make up for my absence,"

"You're forgiven," Jimin yawned, snuggling further into his chest. He tucked his neck into the crook of Yoongi's neck, his warmth breath tickingling his skin, "I wish you'd be here every morning," he admitted. "I don't like waking up alone; it feels funny. I miss you when I wake up,"

Yoongi rested his chin atop his head. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that's how you felt,"

"It's okay, I'm surprised you even stay in the first place seeing as you don't sleep,"

Yoongi let out a light chuckle. "I mean this in the least creepiest way possible, but I like watching you sleep," he confessed. "You look so peaceful,"

Jimin huffed, and pushed himself up into a sitting position. Yoongi bit back a groan as he steadied the younger on his lap, ensuring that he didn't move around too much on top. He was giving him a funny look. "That's it, I am living in an alternate twilight reality," he stated, crossing his arms over his chest. "You cannot convince me otherwise,"

Yoongi let out a noise that sounded as if he was offended by Jimin's comment, and flipped their positions so that he was hovering over him. He placed his forearms on either side of his head, trapping the younger between the bed and his body. Yoongi wedged himself between Jimin's thighs as he stared him down.

"Take it back," he said in a firm, yet playful tone. Jimin shook his head defiantly

"No, you know I'm right, don't deny it,". He giggled. "You're such an Edward Cullen,"

"Am not!"

"Are too! You were created during a pandemic outbreak, you can't sleep, you don't burn in the sun, you like to watch me sleep; you can't deny that you aren't Edward Cullen,"

"I am not Edward Cullen, but you are most certainly Bella. You can't keep yourself out of trouble! I'm always having to come save you,"

"Uh, yeah, because that's what Edward does. He saves Bella. You're only proving my point, Yoongi,"