four

four

_____ 🌿 _____

"-IN YOUTH'S SPRING, IT WAS MY LOT / TO HAUNT OF THE WIDE EARTH A SPOT-"

There was something oddly calming about the way Professor Kim lectured. He spoke with confidence and ease, having done this for years, and had the kind of voice you could listen to for hours. It wasn't uncommon for students to fall asleep during his classes - not because they were bored by his teachings - but because his voice was calm enough to lull you to sleep. It was fluid, alluring. A voice that you would hear around campfires on cold autumn nights. When he spoke, he commanded attention. Everyone would be on the edge of their seats, taking in every word he said with such interest. They waited, watched as he spoke, wondering what sort of secrets they could uncover from his teachings. You always left with a new sense of feeling, or perspective of life. You saw the world different after one of his lectures. It was as if life had been thrown upside down and you'd never be the same.

Lectures like these were Jimin's favourite - when the lights were dimmed to the point you couldn't see your surroundings, but you could make out a few shapes. The only thing you could properly see was the screen in which the notes were on, and your eyes were drawn to it like a moth. You couldn't see Professor Kim unless he stood in the light. You had to focus on the sound of his voice as he paced back and forth, reciting whatever poem or play they were currently studying.

"-TO WHICH I COULD NOT LOVE THE LESS / SO LOVELY WAS THE LONELINESS-"

Jimin had heard/read this poem enough times, but there was something about hearing someone else do, and Professor Kim had a way of making you feel when he did. It was like he was discovering the poem for the first time all over again. The words sounded familiar yet so foreign at the same time. He was captivated by the way he spoke, to the point where he felt relaxed. Jimin could feel himself drifting off. His eyes felt heavy, and he felt so comfortable while leaning back in his seat. It wasn't long for Jimin's eyes to droop.

_____ 🌿 _____

"-of a wild lake, with black rock bound, / and the tall trees that tower'd around-"

"Mon Coeur, you have a lovely voice," he whispered, enamoured by the sound of his voice. Smooth hands slithered around his waist, cool lips pressed against the base on his neck and he sighed in pleasure as he tilted his head back to rest against his shoulder. "Don't stop. Finish it, please,"

"-but when the night had thrown her pall / upon that spot -- as upon us all-"

"-and the wind would pass me by / in its still melody-" he continued, spinning him around. His fingers expertly undid the buttons of his shirt, tugging it over his shoulders, exposing his collar bones to his hungry eyes.

"-my infant spirit would awake / to the terror of the lone lake-" he shuddered in pleasure as his tongue danced along his skin. Every touch felt searing hot against him, warming him instantly. He loved his hands and how they roamed his body. He gasped in pleasure when his hands dipped lower, touching him where he desired. "-yet that terror was not fright / but a tremulous delight-"

"-and a feeling undefin'd / springing from a darken'd mind-"

"-death was in that poison'd wave / and in it's gulf a fitting grave-"