twenty-four

twenty-four

_____ 🌿 _____

day six

;

"HOW OLD ARE YOU?"

Jimin is perched in the window sill of a large bay window that overlooks the forest. It was hard to see the trees due to the heavy rain that poured down, battering against the house like a million tiny bullets with a thunderous volume. The rain had started two days ago and had yet to stop. Black clouds swirled around outside, covering the sky in darkness, it's heavy downpour drenching everything in an unpleasant, soggy chill. Jimin wouldn't be surprised if there was some flooding in town one the rain stopped. There was always flooding around this time of the year.

He'd spent the last two days trapped inside the manor - not that he minded very much. There was so much to uncover; he could have spent hours roaming the halls and still feel as if he hadn't seen it all. There were rooms upon rooms - to the point that he felt as if he was in a smaller version of the Winchester home - filled with wonders galore. Paintings, statues and lavish furniture decorate every surface of the home. It was almost like walking through a museum or an art gallery, the way everything was on display.

Jimin's personal favourite was the library, with its floor to ceiling bookshelves, and large bay windows. They too, overlooked the forest, and most of the Garden. He could spend hours admiring the view. Rows on rows of books, ranging from poetry to historical to love stories and mysteries lined the walls - some of which weren't even in English. Foreign languages stared back at him in an elegant font on hardcover surfaces, and he'd never been filled with the desire to learn a language more than he did in that moment. He wanted to know what it meant - what it all meant.

His first night at Eden was spent running about the elongated room, pulling anything that looked interesting to him off the shelves and momentarily losing himself in it's world.

It was both equally amusing and eye-opening for Yoongi to watch as Jimin interacted with the various books. He could see fragments of the old Jimin coming out. It was strange to see Jimin lose himself in every book he came across, because when they had first met, Jimin couldn't read, and he could remember spending hours trying to teach him. It had been one of his favourite pastimes because it meant hours alone in close proximity with him.

Of course, his visit wasn't all about having the opportunity to explore his new, temporary home. Nor was it all about spending one-on-one with Yoongi (something Jimin quickly discovered that he hated). Every second not spent in his presence bothered him; he wanted to spend all his time with him, and he didn't know if that was a good thing or not. But alas, he still had university, and Namjoon wasn't about to let him off the hook due to his current situation; and so the days were divided up.

Mornings were spent focusing on his studies, giving him time to sit and go over the notes Namjoon had prepared for him so that he could complete his work without attending lectures. On several occasions, Taehyung would pop in, hand him some of the homework that he missed, and then leave him to his own devices. Yoongi had set him up in a small study, located down the hall from him, that overlooked the garden. It was quiet, no distractions and Jimin could stand out on the small balcony and admire the flowers in the garden when he needed a break.

His afternoons were spent mostly in the company of Aurora, and occasionally Hoseok and his evenings were spent in Yoongi's company, usually in the garden or the library where they could sit and talk for hours on end. Jimin enjoyed the quiet time he had with Yoongi. He thought that being alone or staying with him would be strange, or uncomfortable, but surprisingly it was very easy to fall into routine. Jimin was aware of how comfortable he was around the older, and how easy it was to converse with him. A part of him was still waiting for the moment where he freaks out and runs away, and Yoongi was honestly waiting for it as well, mostly because the first time they met, Jimin had been more...well, sensible, so to say. The amount of times he had to chase him down in the woods just to get him to speak to him...