Touching Ground

Lauren's POV

We just touched ground in LA as the night sky around us shines through the windows of the plane. I laugh as Lisa starts to squeal with excitement. "I can't believe we are all back here in LA. This is insane but so exciting!" Amy matches Lisa's enthusiasm. I had finally admitted the truth to my sisters about what had been going on with me and how I treated Y/N. When I asked if it would be ok if I left for the week, they were hesitant. But Dani jumped in via facetime and had the idea of doing a video together while we were here.

I know music isn't Dani's priority anymore so I am extremely grateful she is willing to do this just to get me here. I take Y/N's hand as the six of us head to get our luggage. Y/N has been awfully quiet for the whole trip, so I pull her into a nearby bathroom and lock the door. "What's the matter?" I ask softly, leaning back against the wall as I look her over. "I'm nervous." Y/N shuffles her feet against the tiled floor. "Why, baby? It's just a dance. You got this." I lean my head to the side in confusion.

"It's not just a dance. It's a dance I've dedicated to you, even though no one but me and Jenna knows that." She sighs. "It's going to be intimate and deep. And now I'm scared that I picked the wrong theme and you won't like it." Y/N whispers, wiping a tear from her eye. "Why wouldn't I like it?" I ask, walking forward and putting my arms around her waist. "Because of the song we picked..."

"Baby, whatever it is I'm sure I will love it. The fact that you thought of me as you planned it just makes it all the more special. You'll probably make me cry." I chuckle softly trying to lighten the mood. "We will probably both be crying," Y/N says as she buries her head into my neck. My phone rings and I see it's a text from Katherine asking where we disappeared to. I quickly told her we would meet at the cars soon and turn back to the Y/E/C woman. "I can't wait to see it," I whisper in her ear, hugging her tightly.

As we step out to the baggage claim, Christina is waving us over with our bags. "Where'd you go? Everything ok?" She asks, looking at Y/N's still red eyes. "Yeah, it's fine. We just needed a moment." I nod and we grab our stuff. "Cars are here. Y/N, are you sure you don't want to crash with all of us at Dan's?" She asks. "They're paying for a suite for me next to where we are practicing. The first few days are going to be a lot of hours." Y/N shrugs and I pout. Christina walks to one of our cars and I turn to Y/N with a pout. "I don't want to leave you all alone."

"I won't be alone, I'll be with Jenna for most of it. And if you want to sneak over there and stay the night with me, get a car, baby. I'll have them keep a key at the desk for you if you miss me too much." Y/N smiles before kissing me softly. "I love you," I say, squeezing her in a hug one last time before we part ways. "I love you too," Y/N says softly. "Call me if you need anything, love."

I watch as she picks my bags up and loads them in the car for me quickly. Stealing one more kiss before she takes off to another car waiting up the sidewalk a bit. "You ok, Laur?" Chris asks as I slide in next to her. "Yeah," I answer, honestly feeling pretty excited about this trip. We pull up at Dani and Emmyn's about forty minutes later. "I can't believe all of you are here!" Dani runs out yelling, her dog hot on her tail. Dani laughs but pulls Norman back before he can jump on me. "I still can't believe you haven't gotten over your fear of dogs," Dani speaks loudly.

I notice Emmyn following behind with their vlogging camera as I pull her into a hug. "I'm not scared. I just don't like them bothering me." I shrug as we pull away. "I wanted to vlog you guys coming here. I hope that's ok." Dani asks softly. "Umm...sure." I give her a fake smile. "If something happens you don't want to be shown, we can edit it out. Ok?" Dani squeezes my hands tightly. I just nod and she moves on to greet the others. I walk away so I know I'm out of the camera frame and dial Y/N.

She picks up on the second ring with a huff. "You ok, babe?" I ask, keeping my voice low, just in case. "I'm fine. Just a heavy promotional box I had to bring upstairs. You make it safe?" I can hear the smile in her voice as she speaks to me. "Is that, Lauren? FaceTime so I can meet her?" I hear a voice in the background. "Dani is vlogging right now. Is that ok?" I ask, wanting to make sure. "That's fine with us, love," Y/N says, hitting the button to swap to the camera. I hit the accept button and I'm surprised at the beautiful woman standing next to Y/N. "Y/N! You told me she was gorgeous but DAMN!" Jenna says excitedly.

"No. You're married. Stop it." Y/N jokes as she turns back to face me. "Lauren, this is Jenna. We toured together a few times over the years." Y/N smiles as Jenna waves. I wave shyly as they continue to bicker playfully. "Are you excited to come to the show?" Jenna asks. "Yeah, I can't wait to see you two perform. It's my first time seeing Y/N live." I grin. "How many tickets did you get for her?" Jenna asks. "Just three, that's all I could get." Y/N pouts as she looks at me. "Oof no, I'll get it so all of them can come," Jeana adds.

"You don't have to do that," I say quietly. "But I want to. I know how much this will mean to Y/N and I want you to be surrounded by your sisters." Jenna smiles back. "And I'll make sure you have a few passes to come backstage before the show. I know you'll love what Y/N is wearing." Jenna laughs. I watch the blush spread across Y/N's face as she smiles. "We will figure it out. Just enjoy your time seeing Dani." Y/N blows me a kiss before we say goodbye.