Wednesday

Lauren's POV

Wednesday rolls around way too fast and I pace around Christina's house while Y/N is at work. "Laurie, calm down. It's going to be alright." Katherine says as she motions for me to sit beside her. I ignore the offer as I keep pacing. "I know. I'm just nervous. I hate this." 

I hear Dani and Amy laughing as they come in the front door. They both stop and give me warm smiles as they notice my anxiety. "Come on, sugar. Let's go get you some mozzarella sticks before we go." Dani says lightly, trying to comfort me. I nod, waving goodbye to everyone else as I follow her to her car.

"So, Y/N Y/L/N... how did you manage that?" She laughs. This is the first time it's been just the two of us alone so of course, she has to start prying.  "Mutual attraction to each other." I joke flatly as I stick out my tongue at her. "I'm low-key jealous." She laughs at me.

"Dani, you're married," I say blankly, still trying to calm myself. "I know! And I love him to death! But remember when I was obsessed with the dance show she was on as a kid? I never considered I'd actually meet her. Let alone have her dating my sister." She teases me. "Shut up." I blush as she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

We stop at Sonic and get mozzarella sticks and drinks before continuing to the therapist's office. We sit in the car outside as we eat our food. "Do you want me to go in with you or wait in the car?" Dani asks when she finishes her last cheese stick. "I got to do this on my own, Dan. But I'm glad you're here."

She smiles brightly before pulling me in for a hug. "I know. Now get going before you're late." Dani shoos me out of the car. I sigh, walking to the door as I debate getting back in the car to try and leave. 

It takes a few minutes before I'm finally led back to an office. I look around at all the green plants scattered around the room, enjoying the comfortable vibes they've created. The talk with the therapist goes well, I guess, for it being our introduction. She gives me her card before she walks me out of the room. "It was nice meeting you, Lauren. I'll see you again next week?" She asks nicely.

"Yes. Thank you." I say genuinely before I walk out of the building. I see Dani talking to her camera in her car. She doesn't notice me until I slam my hand against her window making her jump. "Lauren!" She yells at me while holding her chest. "Damn you! Get in the car." She shouts from inside. I laugh as I walk around to the passenger seat.

"What are you talking about today?" I ask making a face at the still propped-up camera. "Just a life update and random topics that come to mind. Obviously avoiding exactly why I'm here. I can edit this. Want to say something to the peeps?" Dani laughs, pointing to her phone. "Sup?" I lean closer before backing away again.

"She truly is a woman of few words. Sorry to disappoint you guys." Dani jokes before turning off the recording. "So how'd it go?" She asks seriously as she puts her tripod away. "Not bad." I shrug, not really in the mood to discuss it. "So Y/N invited me to her studio for some private lessons, want to go with me?"

I shake my head, quickly. "I'll go but I'm not dancing." Dani sighs as she looks sideways at me. "You used to always be up to dance with me." She pouts. "I know, Dan. I just... I don't know. Let's see how I feel when we get there."

As Dani pulls up at Y/N's studio, I groan as she pulls out her vlogging camera. "What?" She asks. "Can you not?" I sigh, nodding at the camera. "Umm... yeah, sure. It's just exciting to be able to dance with her." I can hear the disappointment in her voice as she goes to put it back. "Fine, just don't record me too much, ok?"

She perks up and grabs the camera again. "You're the best!" She squeals as she hops out of the car and runs inside. I follow her in and wave slightly at Megan at the desk as she sees me. "Is she upstairs?" I ask as Dani looks around in awe. I thank her as she nods before grabbing Dani and dragging her to the stairs. "This place is so cool. Have you looked at all the pictures on the wall in the lobby?" She asks excitedly.

As we enter her office, I see Y/N on the phone so I shush Dani before playfully shoving her on the couch so she won't touch everything. "No. I already told you I'm done with that. I'm not interested." I give Y/N a confused look as I hear the anger in her voice. "I have to go now. Don't call me about it again, please." She hangs up the phone with a groan.

"Everything ok, babe?" I ask, moving around her desk and leaning in front of her. "It's fine. Just annoyed that my team keeps pushing things I've repeatedly told them I'm not interested in." She says as she places a hand on my thigh to pull me in closer. I sit in her lap as she hugs me. "What do they want you to do?" 

"It's a gig for me, but I'm done performing. At least for now. I just want to teach, post the videos we shoot here and do a few TikToks." Y/N looks up at me with tired eyes and I nod. "So why did you agree to give lessons to this rat?" She laughs as I ask that while pointing at Dani. "Because that doesn't feel like work, it's just for fun. Especially if you would join us." 

I roll my eyes playfully as Y/N pouts at me. "Is this a set-up to make me do something fun?" I ask sarcastically as they both laugh. "Kind of, yeah." Y/N smiles as I groan playfully. "Fine, you win." I stand up off her lap and hold out my hand. "Where are we doing this?"

Y/N leads us to a small dance hall that's upstairs. She sets up her Bluetooth to the speakers in the room and hands Dani her phone. It is surprisingly fun to dance around with the two of them as Dani records the whole thing. An upbeat love song comes on and I blush furiously when Y/N starts dancing to me as Dani laughs and quickly grabs her camera to get a better angle.

"Dance, Lo!" Dani shouts as I stand awkwardly, trying not to laugh as Y/N starts dancing against me. Ah, what the heck. I say to myself before I grab her waist and join her. Dani cheers us on as we innocently dance around each other with huge smiles on our faces. Feeling genuine excitement for the first time since I came home.