Safe

Lauren's POV

I walk out quietly, wearing the baggy clothes Y/N laid out for me. She hears me moving around and calls out to me from the kitchen. "I'm in here, Lauren. Do you want some tea?"

"Please," I say timidly as I enter the kitchen. "You don't have to be shy around here. Sit down, I'll bring it to you." She says, waving towards the table. Y/N places random sweeteners on the table then brings me a glass of hot tea. "I don't know how you like it so I didn't want to butcher it for you."

"Thank you," I nod in appreciation. "Do you want to stay here tonight? You can take my bed, I don't mind." She smiles softly as she offers. "Where would you sleep?" I ask curiously. "Well the other room isn't set up with a bed but my couch is comfortable."

"I can't let you do that." I shake my head. "Yes, you can. Like I already said don't be shy. I want to help you however I can."

"I guess. I don't want to go home and have Amy questioning me all night. I'm really tired." I say as Y/N nods in understanding. "You are going to tell them eventually, right? They'd want to be here for you too."

"I don't know. I-I don't want to talk about it at all right now." I stutter, feeling my hands start to shake in anxiety. She slowly slides her hand across the table, holding it out for me to take. "It's going to be ok, Lauren."

I hesitantly put my hand in hers and she softly grips my hand. "You can stay here as long as you need but you need to call someone so they know you're here and you're safe." I think the last part of her sentence is more so directed towards me but I do as she says and text Amy to let her know I won't be home tonight.

"All done?" She asks pointing to my empty cup. I nod as she takes my cup and puts it in her sink. "Do you want to try and watch some TV or would you rather go to sleep?"

"Umm... I just want to lie down." I shrug. She fills up a glass with some water before leading me back into her room. "Make yourself at home. I have an extra toothbrush in one of the drawers in the bathroom. The remote is right there if you do want to watch some TV. Is that going to be enough blankets for you?" She asks, placing the water beside the remote on the nightstand.

"It's fine. Thank you for all of this, Y/N," I can tell her sincerely, giving her the best half-smile I can muster at the moment. "Of course. I'm going to change and wash my face real quick, then the room is all yours."

She disappears into her closet to grab some comfortable clothes before closing the bathroom door behind her. Y/N returns a few minutes later in a pair of shorts and an oversized tee, her hair pulled up in a messy bun, and her face bare. How is someone so flawless?

I shake my head at my thought as I pull the sheets up tighter around me. "Are you good?" Y/N asks, taking a step back to the door. "Can you stay with me? I don't want to be alone." I ask, sliding closer to the wall when she walks closer to the bed. "Sure, I can make a spot on the floo-"

"I mean... in the bed?" I ask timidly. She smiles softly as she nods. Y/N slips under the covers next to me but leaves space between the two of us. We lay together, staring into each other's eyes. I don't know why I did this, but Y/N makes me feel safe so I slowly slide my body closer to hers.

She catches my hesitance and puts her arm out to invite me in, wrapping her arm around the back of my neck as I lay my head on her shoulder. I don't think either of us knows what to say at the moment but I snuggle in closer and close my eyes, finally drifting off to sleep in the comfort of her arms. 

The sounds from the release party ring through my ears. People talking loudly, music blasting through the large speakers near the stage, laughter, and excited screams as people danced around the large, open building. 

I talk happily with my friends but my eyes keep glancing at Y/N dancing. The smile on her face as she does what she loves most and kills it on the dance floor as people cheer along. I wonder how long she's been a dancer? She is amazing at it. I smile to myself but turn back to my friends so they won't notice I'm distracted.

"I am going to go to the bathroom," I tell them, setting my drink on the small table between us. My eyes are still on Y/N as I walk through the crowd to the far side of the club. Once she is out of my sight, I press my lips together tightly and sigh. I doubt she is even into women. Is she actually flirting back when we're together or am I imagining it? She could literally get any man she wanted, why would she want to be with me?

As I push open the door to the bathroom, I feel hands press harshly against my back, pushing me inside. I turn around in fear as he locks the door behind him. Backing away slowly, but he just moves closer to me with a sinister smirk.

"Lauren! Lauren, wake up." Y/N's voice fills my ears as I feel her shaking me gently. My eyes snap open in fear but I recognize the Y/E/C woman hovering over me. Tears start pouring down my face as I grab onto her tightly, shaken. "Hey, you're ok. You were just having a bad dream."

"But it wasn't just a dream." I cry, burying my face in her shirt. She sighs, sitting up against the headboard and pulling me into her lap. "I know, Laur. I know." She whispers, stroking my hair. "But you're safe now. I've got you."

It takes me about ten minutes to calm down. Y/N holding me tightly as she rubs my back. I sniffle as I lean away from her, wiping my eyes. "I'm sorry." My voice is hoarse from all my tears. "You have nothing to be sorry for. You did nothing wrong."

She pulls me in for a hug as I squeeze her back softly. "Thank you for being here for me, Y/N," I whisper into her hair. "Always." I smile at her words but notice how we are sitting. My legs are on either side of hers as I sit on her lap leaning flush against her.

I clear my throat before climbing off of her, laying my head back down on the pillow. I turn to face the wall as my mind races. Everything that happened tonight was all so confusing. I'm still sore from what he did to me, but I'm in Y/N's room for the first time. Lying in her bed with her laying just inches away. "Will you..." I start to ask but stop myself, unsure of what I was doing.

I feel her slide closer, her chest against my back as she wraps her arm around my stomach. "Better?" Y/N whispers in my hair as I place my hand over hers. "Yeah..."