Welcome To New York

and so we commence 'part 2' of Red Volkswagen!! that basically just means that we've got a big time jump and new setting!!

it's about a year after the boys left Westlake and they're currently on the Where We Are Tour. as I said in the author's note way back at the beginning, I switched up the dates for their tours for it to make sense for the plot!!

we of course have to welcome prince hair harry into the picture because it's 2014...

it's a new soundtrack I could dance to this beat

ONE YEAR LATER
SUMMER 2014

HARRY'S POV

I'm so nervous.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous for a show before.

She's on her way from the airport.

I'm shitting bricks.

Except, she's on her way but we have to go on stage in, like, two minutes, so I'm not sure I'll catch her before I have to go.

"Mate, you're as white as a sheet. Drink some water." Liam says to me as I pace back and forth in the green room.

"I'm fine." I shrug him off.

"That nervous to see your girl, are you?" He teases, making me roll my eyes. "Don't worry, it's cute."

"Alright, everyone to the stage, it's showtime!" I hear Brian, one of our managers, yell from the hallway. Liam takes the last drink of his water, bouncing on his feet and clapping his hands together excitedly.

I'm excited too, don't get me wrong– I mean, we are about to open the American leg of the Where We Are Tour– but it's really hard to focus on that when all I can think about is that my girlfriend is on her way with my mum and sister to Madison Square Garden as I speak.

"You coming?" Liam says to me at the door, and I grumble under my breath. I check the time on my phone once more, knowing it's totally unrealistic that I'm gonna catch her before the show starts. I groan and throw my phone in my bag before following Liam.

"Let's go."

We run through the backstage madness of MSG and end up under the stage, and I can hear the intro video playing and the fans going crazy. Adrenaline surges through me and I'm handed my microphone, the rest of the band lined up and ready to go.

"She here yet?" Louis yells at me over the obscene amount of noise. I shake my head back at him as I put in my in-ears. He frowns in disappointment and we get the cue that it's go time.

I feel jittery. Probably the most I have for any show. So jittery that I almost miss my cue to start the first verse of 'Midnight Memories.'

It's a bit distracting, thankfully– the song and the screaming and the chaos. I'm able to get a burst of energy out and I'm less shaky.

And then, halfway through the third song, Zayn taps me on the shoulder and quickly points in the direction of the right side of the stage. I whip my head in that direction with knowing panic, and the biggest smile breaks out my face.

Brooke waves at me, her body still adorned in her plane clothes and her hair in a messy ponytail, but I don't think I've genuinely ever been happier to see her.