It's Nice To Have A Friend

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

"wanna hang out?" yeah, sounds like fun

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

BROOKLYN'S POV

I'm driven to consciousness when my head hits the floor with a thump and my entire body is no longer wrapped up in blankets and pillows.

"Ow."

"Sorry." My face is still on the floor but I can hear the grimace in Devin's tone. "My bad." My computer then follows me to the floor and thumps as well, hitting my leg in the process. "Oops."

"Please, sound more sincere."

I maneuver my arms and slowly push myself up, much more awake than I was two seconds ago thanks to my greeting with the hardwood in my room. When I'm eventually sitting up, I rub the sleep from my eyes and grab my computer to make sure everything is okay.

This makes me remember my deep dive last night into the legend himself; although, 'deep dive' is an overstatement.

I fell asleep after reading, like, three articles about One Direction.

I don't even know what kind of information I was looking for in the first place. I guess I just wanted to get an idea of who I gave coffee too, but I didn't really find out much. The fact I already knew– that One Direction has the world wrapped around their finger– was the only thing that I confirmed before I was out like a light.

"Anyways, what are you doing today?" Devin asks me when I plop myself back on the bed, burying my face in the pillow again.

"Work."

"I feel like I need to come and sit there all day in case Harry comes back." She says in complete seriousness, and I know she is completely serious.

"You would be wasting your time."

"Stop being so pessimistic!"

"I'm being realistic."

I can practically hear her eye roll, but there's a soft knock on my bedroom door before either of us can continue.

"I hear bickering." I hear my mom's voice as she opens up my door. "It's barely nine, what's got you so wide awake?"

"A mild concussion." I mumble into the pillow without turning my head.

"You'll be fine." Devin scoffs, and again, I can hear the eye roll I know she's giving me.

"Who wants breakfast?" My mom says, and I finally turn my head towards the door to look at her.

"I'm going to work, so I'm just gonna eat there."

"Oh please, eat something here instead of stealing all of Stevie's muffins. Come on, I'll make pancakes."

"Pancakes!" Devin exclaims, and she's quickly crawling over me and pushing me into the mattress as she gets off the bed and follows my mom out of the room.

I blink long and hard before I'm pushing myself to sit up and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. I sit for a minute, mindlessly staring at the floor like I do pretty much every morning right when I wake up, and then I finally stand up and go across the hallway to the bathroom.

I wash my face, brush my teeth, and put my hair in two french braids since I'm too lazy to wash it right now. When it's as good as it's going to get, I go back into my room and put on a pair of loose jean shorts, pairing it with a cropped green tank top because of the heat outside.