Cornelia Street

this is another flashback chapter!! something important: this chapter picks up right where Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince left off back in part two. if you want, go back and skim that chapter to jog your memory, or i'll provide a very brief recap right now:

the boys + devin, reagan, hadley, brooklyn all go out after the concert in new york. they all go back to the hotel to get ready. brooklyn says i love you back to harry. when they get to the club, they get papped and it's the first time they're seen together in public.

this chapter picks up right after that!

that's the kind of heartbreak time could never mend

HARRY'S POV

"Yeah, I'm fine." She nods her head convincingly. "I just need a shot."

"Or three."

"Or five."

"Or ten!" Devin shouts.

"Okay, I don't wanna drag anyone out of here unconscious tonight!" Brooke yells, making Devin roll her eyes.

"I promise I won't be unconscious but you might have to drag me out of here." Devin yells back over the music.

Brooklyn shakes her head, smiling and leaning back in the booth.

Niall, Liam, Reagan, Hadley, and Gemma come back with enough alcohol to kill a person– a full tray of shots filled with who knows what, beers, and cocktails. Hadley places a cocktail in front of Brooklyn and Niall hands me a beer as everyone squeezes into this booth that is only appropriate to seat half of us, so Brooklyn is halfway onto my lap when she tries to make room.

"So how long are we supposed to be here?" Reagan asks. "Is there a time limit or something?"

"Not really." Louis answers and shrugs.

"You know..." I lean over to Brooklyn so only she can hear me as everyone else continues to talk. "We can still ditch."

"You won't quit, will you?"

"Not when you look like this, no." I state matter of factly and she shakes her head at me.

"I will consider it." She says. A small victory. "But not until later." Figures. "Until then..."

She reaches forward, snatching a shot off of the tray and throwing it back in one motion. Everyone catches it, watching as she does so and subsequently rushing to take one themselves and follow her lead.

In the next, about, five minutes, give or take, every cocktail is empty, the shot glasses have been cleared, refilled, and cleared again, and the place has gotten more crowded and loud.

"Okay, I'm dancing. Liam, move!" Reagan yells over the music, pushing Liam out of the booth as he tries to not spill his drink. She grabs Niall in the process, yanking him up from this seat and the two of them disappear, and Liam sits back down.

"Us too! Don't let them take my drink!" Gemma shouts as she and Hadley get up, disappearing as quickly as Reagan and Niall did.

"Do you wanna go?" I hear Devin yell to Brooklyn.

"Not yet, I wanna finish this!" Brooklyn responds.

Sometimes I wonder how my eardrums are still intact from the noise levels they have to endure on a weekly basis from shows and nights like this.