Holy Ground

i don't wanna dance if i'm not dancing with you

HARRY'S POV

It's not like I expected to wake up to Brooklyn still in bed, because anyone who knows her knows she doesn't wait for anyone to get her day started. But when I was searching for my pillow (her) and didn't find it, that's when I was inclined to roll my eyes. The sunlight was pouring through the blinds and I wanted to curl back under the comforter and fall back asleep, but my body nor mind wouldn't allow it.

So I dragged myself out of bed, woke myself up, read the text from Brooke confirming my suspicions that she was already gone, texted her back, and then my attention was stolen by the sound of laughter in the kitchen which I know is coming from our mums.

Yesterday was similar to Thursday– I was at Brooke's beck and call in helping transform the cafe into the vision she had, and it literally took us all day. We only broke for lunch when Stevie insisted we needed to re-energize ourselves and then Brooke was running around again before I knew it. It was only when she hit a wall of exhaustion like I knew she would when I forced her to break for the night, and she was asleep within ten minutes of crawling into bed.

My mum and Gemma also arrived yesterday as planned– Casey went to pick them up and they all came to the cafe, and then Brooklyn freaked out because she wanted Casey to be surprised, so we all stood outside while catching up until Casey dragged her new best friend away– my mum, obviously– and Gemma stayed with us to help.

Which leads me to here, where my mum, Casey, and I are the only ones home because Gemma is nowhere to be found.

"Morning dear." My mum is leaning on the counter sipping on tea as her and Casey's conversation halts when I walk in.

"Morning." I reply, the clock on the oven reading just about nine thirty.

"Sleep well?" Casey asks.

I nod. "I did. And happy birthday."

She rolls her eyes at me and smiles, thanking me as I give her a quick hug. I offer to pour my own tea from the kettle after, but Casey doesn't let me.

"Brooklyn and Gemma left about an hour ago." My mum starts.

"I figured."

"Well, Brooklyn dragged poor Gemma out of here an hour ago. I don't know why she was up before the sun, but..." Casey shakes her head as she hands me a mug.

"I think you'll know why when you see the cafe." I smile.

"I swear, what is she doing..." Casey mumbles.

"I'm afraid if I spoil it I'll be banned from the party."

I feel something furry on my leg and look down to see Cooper sitting next to my feet. His tail is going back and forth against the hardwood floor and I reach down to scratch behind his ear. 

"Do we have any plans after the party?" My mum questions.

"No idea. If we do, Brooklyn's keeping it from me." Casey answers.

"Well we know who can find out about that." My mum continues and both of them look at me.

"She wouldn't trust me with any important information because she'd know I'd tell you."