...Ready For It?

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

baby, let the games begin

BROOKLYN'S POV

"Okay, I think the car's gonna be here in ten."

"Geez, okay, uh, do I need to bring anything else? What am I missing. Will I need–" I stammer, picking up everything in front of me and panicking because what if I need a granola bar and I don't have it?

"Nope. Put it down. Breathe." Reagan grabs my wrist, stopping me, and I look up in the mirror at someone slightly unrecognizable because I feel so dressed up.

"Which earring?" Hadley pokes her head into the bathroom.

"Right." Reagan and I both say. Hadley nods and heads back to the bedroom.

"Look." Reagan grabs my arms again and pins them at my sides so I stop squirming. "You'll go straight inside with Hadley and sit down. You won't have to interact with anyone if you don't want to. You will be fine."

"I'm sorry." I roll my eyes at myself. "I know. I just don't understand that this is actually happening."

"Don't apologize. It'll be easy once we get there. And I know, I don't know how I haven't shit myself yet."

"You've eaten, right? And had plenty of water? We can't have you passing out if Lorde or someone comes up to you and you've got to keep it cool."

"Despite the nausea, yes, I forced food down. I had just the right amount of caffeine earlier to keep me going but not prevent me from blinking, and I will have water on the carpet."

"I'm ready!" Hadley yells from the bedroom, and I flick off the lights in the bathroom and follow Reagan out into the kitchen.

Hadley is standing on her phone in her dark blue velvet dress, and I can't believe how stunning the dress looks on her– I thought it couldn't get any better when I saw it on the hanger. I'm in a tight red number that's lightweight and easy to move in, thank god, and Reagan's in this cool silver metallic dress. Hadley and I aren't as dressed up as her– as least I feel like– because we're just going straight inside to sit down, like she said. 

"Why do I feel like we're gonna be dressed better than half the celebrities there?" Hadley mumbles, earning a laugh from both Reagan and I.

"That's not a stretch." Reagan says, glancing at her phone again. "Car's here."

"Let's do this. I'm so fucking excited." Hadley bounces on her feet a little that are adorned in simple black heels.

"Then you lead the way." I mumble as my heart rate starts to speed up.

I make sure I have my key to the apartment before we're all out the door, walking down the hallway dressed to the absolute nines and looking a little out of place. For the time being, that is.

"Speaking of, what artists are even gonna be there?" I ask mindlessly, realizing I don't even know who I have the potential of running into because I haven't had time, remembered, or wanted to bother with knowing who was up for these awards for the sake of my own sanity.

"Uhh..." Reagan starts, "...Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Bieber, Lorde, Ed Sheeran...those are some of the big ones I remember..." She trails off, pushing her hair behind her ears as Hadley presses the button for the elevator.