Out of the Woods

if anyone cares, I finished high school today :D that's also my excuse for why this chapter took so long. four ap exams leaves absolutely no time to write! BUT now that I'm done and I have all the time in the world, updates will be coming very frequently!!!!!

also thank you for 3k!!! <3333

this is a long one so buckle up..........

remember when you hit the brakes too soon?

ONE WEEK LATER

BROOKLYN'S POV

Dear Brooklyn,

Congratulations! The admissions team at The University of Hawaii at Manoa is thrilled to offer you a place in our accredited marine biology department for our one year training and interning program. Your application has been reviewed by the program's representatives and has been hand-selected amongst many to join us in Hawaii. For a special note from our head representative, Dr. Azalea Hart, please click here.

You will receive a second email within the next 24 hours with further information on how to accept or decline your offer. If you choose to accept, you will receive another email on next steps, important dates, and housing information.

We hope you join us on the beach!

Please click here to view the full terms and conditions of your offer.

Sincerely,

UH Manoa Admissions Team

I feel sick.

"Brooklyn let's go!"

My body feels suspended as I turn around and Niall is yelling at me.

He's definitely right, standing in the middle of the hallway halfway between the stage and the greenroom definitely isn't helping anyone.

I couldn't help it that I got the email notification and happened to glance at my phone and then my entire world stopped turning.

Like, I actually feel like I could throw up right now.

I continue to follow him, the rest of the boys having already disappeared and not noticed me stop dead in my tracks.

The green room is averagely busy like it always is after a show. The only thing different is that this time, we're not running for our lives to leave the venue. There's a little more flexibility with time because the boys have to get ready to go out tonight straight from the arena.

I need to sit down.

The nausea isn't going to subside anytime soon, I don't think, so I unlock my phone again and reread the email word for word three times over.

Dr. Azalea Hart– she's the one who heads aquatic animal psychology and training. I guess she heads the program in some capacity as well.

I never actually really thought about what it would be like or how I would feel if I actually got accepted...I was too focused on convincing myself that it wasn't a big deal and didn't need to mean anything and blah blah blah.