Last Kiss

your name, forever the name on my lips

24 (ISH) HOURS LATER

BROOKLYN'S POV

It's when you haven't slept in almost thirty hours that your stubborn brain finally starts to give up on fighting your exhausted body to stay awake.

I haven't slept in almost thirty hours and my stubborn brain is finally starting to give up on fighting my exhausted body to stay awake.

At approximately 1:58 am last night, shit hit the fan.

It's still up there.

The second I blurted those two words out, 'I'm leaving', I knew nothing was going to be the same. It was an inevitable, scary fact that came hand in hand with the truth that I gave Harry.

I did elaborate on why I had decided to leave. I didn't want him to think it was because of anything he did, or something. I told him about Hawaii.

At least, I tried to.

He hasn't spoken a word to me since.

And I don't know what to fucking do.

I managed to stutter out a few sentences last night about the program, and then the doctor came back in. I shut up, obviously, and he gave Harry instructions on how to care for his stitches. The second he was gone again, Harry made it his mission to get as far away from me as possible. At least that's what it felt like.

I followed after him out of the hospital, trying to get him to talk to me while still trying to remain calm because we were still in a public place. He barely acknowledged me, and when we got to the car that was waiting for us, I shut up again because I didn't want to have that conversation in front of the driver and put him in that position. I figured we could hash it out at the hotel.

And then we got to the hotel and he spent barely sixty seconds in our room before he left again. He grabbed a change of clothes out of his suitcase and was out the door. I pathetically kept trying to get him to talk to me, but again, he didn't look at me. He didn't come back at all last night.

He hasn't come back since.

I've been awake since we got back, and I haven't eaten either. It's almost been twenty four hours since everything blew up and I've been hauled up in the hotel room, and I haven't even attempted to leave because I know that would get me absolutely nowhere. All I've done is cried and talked to my mom on the phone.

And I also booked my flight back to Charleston.

Why did I do it already? Well, clearly not a single person wants me here anymore. Not even Harry. And as for me, I don't think I can stay here a minute longer than I have to.

My flight leaves at eight tomorrow morning.

No, I'm not sure how I feel because as of lately I've not been feeling much at all.

There wasn't a show tonight, but tomorrow morning we're supposed to get a plane to the next city. Except, I obviously won't be on it. And I have to tell Harry that, but I have no idea where he is or if he's planning on coming back and talking to me before that time comes.

All of it makes me think back to earlier last night after the show before we left. If my memory serves me correctly, that was the last kiss we had. Will it be the last one we have...ever? No, that's not possible. There's no way. It kind of feels similar to last year when the boys left Westlake and everything was up in the air and blah blah blah, all of that, except this time it's not ending on a 'good' note like last year did. At least in terms of Harry and I. I don't know.