Chapter Seventy Nine.

"Pull me out from inside.

I am ready.

I am fine."

Song: Colorblind - Counting Crows

*****

HARRY'S P.O.V:

8 Days Later:

"Hello?"

"Hey, Harry, it's Sam."

Frowning and confused I sit up on my bed and wonder why Sam is calling me, or how he even got my number.

Leaning over to my stereo I smack the stop button to turn off the music I was listening to.

"Hey, er, everything okay?"

I check the time on my phone, and see that it's 6pm before pressing it back to my ear.

"Well that's what I was going to ask you, I tried calling Frankie but he didn't answer. Have you heard from Drew?"

I swing my legs over the edge of my bed, and rub my hand over my eyes, now sitting bolt straight.

Why is he calling me about Drew?

"I haven't heard from her much today, or yesterday but she was working so I just thought she was tired. I spoke to her on the phone briefly last night. Why, what's wrong?"

We still speak on the phone every night, and saw each other when we could the past week but mostly it was me dropping by to see her at work or coming to pick up Gizmo.

Plus I've had a bit less free time lately, I've been talking to Alex about that empty building and figuring out everything I'd need to open it up as a salon.

As well as working on starting some freelance hairdressing again, considering I haven't touched a pair of scissors in almost 6 months.

I'd finally felt like I was at a place where I want to do it again.

It'd mean spending almost all of my savings that I've been draining like no tomorrow since I stopped working and came to Australia.

But it'd be worth it to me now.

I'd be willing to take the risk.

There was a night we convinced her to come to Frankies for dinner, and then we went up to my room and laid on my bed talking at the start of the week. She fell asleep though, we'd barely laid down for half an hour and she was out like a light. Then she completely freaked out when she woke up, frantically asking how long she'd been asleep.

She damn near ran out of the house to get to her car and drive home.

Drew had said things were pretty rough with her mum at the moment, so I tried not to push my luck with things. I tried not to pry and let her tell me what she could, but honestly she was being pretty closed off with a lot of it.

It's a bit of a balancing act, trying to figure out how to support someone when you have to wait for them to offer their hand for help; because if you reach yours out first, it might push them over the edge they're hanging on, not pull them back from it.

I've learnt with Drew that help feels like a threat to her, not a relief.

Sam's voice snaps me back to reality from my spiralling mind.

"That's what I'm trying to find out," Sam sighs, sounding more worried than irritated, "Drew left her shift early yesterday, seemed pretty upset when she left, and she never showed up to work today. I've tried ringing her about twenty damn times and there's no answer."