Chapter 39

(Blake POV)

Ozpin is gone? What does that mean?

Yang: That bastard! Tell him we're not done yet!

Oscar: No, this is different. He's gone. It... It's like he's locked himself deep inside my head. Our head?

Oscar held his head while grunting in pain.

Oscar: I hate this! I want it to stop!

Weiss: He just left us?

Blake: Of course he would.

Yang growled in anger.

Maria: Enough! We need to get move on. It'll be dark before we know it, and every one of you is spewing negativity!

She walked up to Oscar and helped him up. She pointed her cane at a trail that leads into the nearby forest.

Maria: There's a trail over there, trails usually lead somewhere.

Yang: Lady, I don't know who you think you are but-

Maria slammed her cane onto the snowy ground.

Maria: No buts! I understand that you're upset. Honestly, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is humanity's second time around. But, if we don't move, we die. And I'll be damned if I've lived this long just to die out here in the cold!

Ruby: She's right. Come on.

I grabbed my bag from the ground and started to walk down the trail. Yang walked up to me. She was about to talk, but she stopped herself. I thought about (Y/N) and the grip on my bag tightened. I just hope wherever he is now, that he's safe.

(Readers POV)

I saw someone walk up to me and put a plate of food on my table. Finally, only took them long enough. The person gave me a dirty look and walked away.

(Y/N): Time to eat.

I picked up a piece of the food and put it in my mouth. It tastes weird. I don't like this place. I got up and was about to leave. I looked back and saw a fat blonde woman wearing purple and sitting at a table looking at me. I walked up to her, but the people next to her table got in a defensive position. The woman raised her hand at me. I stopped myself.

Malachite: That's close enough.

(Y/N): You have something to say? I don't appreciate having someone that I don't know staring at me.

Malachite: I'm Lil Miss Malachite. Are you a friend of Cinder?

(Y/N): ...You can say what you want to say.

Malachite: If you want to know, she's asking me of my services.

(Y/N): Like what? Getting to know where to find some decent food around here?

She gave me a stern look.

Malachite: I don't think I like your tone with me.

(Y/N): I don't care what you think of me. And tell your guards to stop looking at me. I'm not a great mood right now.

Malachite: There isn't a need for that.

I started to get curious. Why would Cinder get help from this woman of all people?

(Y/N): What is Cinder asking you to do?

Malachite: I can't give that kind of information out about clients.

(Y/N): Fair enough...

I looked down at the ground, making my hair cover my eyes.

(Y/N): ...Guess I'll have to beat it out of you.

I looked up at Malachite. She sighed.

Malachite: You win this game. She's wanting to know the location of some people. One of them is a girl with red hair and wears black.

That sounds like Ruby. And more likely than not, Blake is with Ruby.

(Y/N): Where is the people she's looking for?

Malachite: Beats me. I'm having my people try to find them as we speak.

(Y/N): Have any idea when you'll find out.

Malachite: Give us a few days. We'll have that information for you and Cinder.

(Y/N): No. I'll go find them myself.

I turned around and was about to walk out the building, but I stopped at the front door.

(Y/N): A few days? You should give Cinder her money back, or she'll just take it back by force.

I walked out of the restaurant. I made a pair of wings on my back and flew into the air.

(Y/N): Today isn't a great one.

All I need to go is find Blake. It's been forever since I've seen her and it's making me worry for her safety. I couldn't help but think about how much changed. One day I'm with Blake and the next I find my mother and learn about my family bit by bit.

(Y/N): ...Sometimes I wonder...

Wonder if what is happening is real, or if I'm still unconscious and waiting to wake up in Salem's castle. I pinched my arm, feeling pain.

(Y/N): Nope. This is real.

I felt my head start to ache. My mind started to get filled with random memories. I saw me, my sisters, and father trying to leave the castle at night. I looked back and saw mom standing at the other side of a hallway. Her red eyes slightly glowed in the dark. Dad got in front of me and mom launched a red beam of magic. Dad fired a green beam and they clashed, causing an explosion.

(Y/N): What... Was that?

Is that what mom meant when she said dad was trying to take me away from her? I took a deep breath in and exhaled.

(Y/N): I shouldn't think about that now. I should just focus at the task at hand. Nothing else will distract me anymore.

(Chapter 39 end)