Chapter 38

(Blake's POV)

I looked at the boy hugging Salem and Ozma.

Blake: There's... No way that could be (Y/N)...

I thought about it. Maybe it's just a huge coincidence.

Blake: Yeah... That has to be it. There are a lot of people with the name of (Y/N).

Jinn: This boy, (Y/N), was a special one.

Blue smoke covered the area. The blue smoke turned into an forest and (Y/N) sneaking up to a tree.

Jinn: He was fascinated by the world around him. Whenever he found a new animal or insect, he would study them, taking note of the traits that make them unique.

(Y/N) jumped at the tree and caught something in his hands. He opened his hands and a ladybug is in his hands.

(Y/N): I have to show mommy and daddy this!

(Y/N) ran away. The scene changed again. It showed (Y/N) running up to Salem and showed her the ladybug. Salem smiled at him and rubbed (Y/N) on his head.

Jinn: But Salem and Ozma never expected what would happen next...

The scene changed. It's Ozma and Salem taking to each other, but one of the daughters came into the room and put her hands out. Magical orbs appeared from her hands.

Jinn: It was a miracle, their children could perform magic. But what should have been a joyous occasion was short-lived.

Blue smoke covered the area. It went away and should Ozma talking to Salem.

Jinn: Ozma told Salem everything, the true reason the God of Light had brought him back, the Relics that they scattered around the world, and the day of judgement he had been told to prepare for.

Ozma finished talking to Salem.

Salem: Don't you see? None of that matters anymore. Why spend our lives trying to redeem these Humans when we can replace them with what they could never be?

Salem offered her hand. Ozma hesitated and backed away in disgust. The scene changed again, showing the castle at night. Ozma is escorting his five children through the castle quietly. (Y/N) looked back and noticed something.

(Y/N): Mommy?

I looked down the hall and saw Salem standing at the other side. She took a few steps forward. Ozma got in front of the children and got into a defensive stance.

Salem: What are you doing?

Ozma: What I should have done sooner.

Salem clenched her hand in anger.

Salem: Come over to mommy, my sweet bundles of joy.

All the daughters took a step back. (Y/N) extended his hand, trying to reach to Salem. Ozma pushed (Y/N) back. Salem snapped and launched a red beam of magic at Ozma. Ozma took a step forward and put his scepter forward, launching a green beam. The two beams clashed, causing a huge explosion. The castle collapsed and fire is everywhere. Ozma is on the ground, bloody and bruised. Salem walked up to him, looking like she hasn't taken damage from the fight.

Salem: We finally had freedom...

Ozma: I...

Salem made a blast of fire from her hand, killing Ozma. Salem started to shake and bursted out into tears. Everything went quiet, her cries are the only thing that can be heard.

(Y/N): Hel... Help...

I looked over and saw (Y/N). He doesn't have his arms or legs and blood is all over him. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. Seeing him like that makes me want to throw up. Salem ran up to him.