Chapter 28

(Readers POV)

All I see is darkness. I looked down and I can still see myself. I looked back up, trying to see if I can figure out where I am.

(Y/N): Where am I?

I saw a bright green wispy ball flying towards me. It flew around my body, like it's studying it. I put my hand out and the green ball flew to my hand and floated above it.

(Y/N): What are you?

I tried to feel it. It doesn't feel like anything, like it's trying to wave my hand through smoke. I took a step back and the green ball started to change. It formed into a figure of a girl.

(Y/N): What the?

More details started to appear on the figure. It formed short hair, a dress, and multiple blades formed behind it.

(Y/N): Wait. Penny?

She just stood there. If this is Penny, it's really creepy. She still is missing some of her features, like her eyes.

(Y/N): Am I dreaming?

I saw two more wispy balls fly towards me, one is red and the other is an orange one. They also started to to take form of people. I felt my eyes widen.

(Y/N): Roman? Pyrrha?

The three just pointed at me, not saying a word. I got confused and worried. I turned around and saw an army of people. There's thousands, no, millions of people there.

Roman: You did this.

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Pyrrha: You killed these people.

(Y/N): N-No. There's no way I killed all these people!

Penny: They died because you couldn't do anything.

I turned around to look back at Roman, Pyrrha, and Penny. They flew up to get right in my face.

Roman: We died.

Penny: Because you didn't do anything.

Pyrrha: Why? Why did we die? Why did you let us die?

I tried to move my body, but I couldn't.

(Y/N): I-I never meant for you to die. I never thought-

I saw the army of people start to fly around. All of them started to combine into one huge monster of color. It opened its mouth and bit down on Penny, Roman, and Pyrrha, eating them.

(Y/N): H-Hey! Let them go!

Soul Monster: You did this. You have no one to blame but yourself!

The monster flew up and dived down at me. I can't get out of the way, my body refuses to move. It opened its mouth so wide like it doesn't have a jaw. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact.

(Y/N): AAAAAH!

My eyes snapped open and I sat up. I'm breathing quickly. I put my hand on my chest, I can feel my heart racing.

Blake: (Y/N)! You're awake!

She rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me. I felt pain all over my body. I groaned from it.

(Y/N): Ooooowwwww.

Blake stopped hugging me and sat down next to me.

Blake: Sorry.

I looked down and I'm not wearing a shirt. Bandages are all over my body. There are multiple red spots, from blood seeping through the bandages. I looked around the room and I'm in Ghira's office, on the couch.

(Y/N): How long have I been out for?

I looked at Blake, but she is looking at her lap with a sadden face.

Blake: This is why, (Y/N). This is why I left them all behind.

(Y/N): Blake...

Blake: I am done seeing my friends hurt because of me.

(Y/N): That's not why I'm hurt-

Blake: Shut up! Do you think I like being alone? Every day... every day I think about them! Ruby, Weiss, Yang... they were my friends! I loved them like I never thought I could love anybody. And I hope you and them hate me for leaving.

I raised my arm to reach out to her, despite the pain shooting through my body.

(Y/N): Blake. It's not like that.

Blake: Yes, it is!

I put my arm down. Blake put her hand on her head.

Blake: Everyone thinks they can help me, but they can't. You saw Ilia last night and she's not even the worst! No. No more. They're better off without me. You're better off without me! I made my choices and I'll deal with the consequences because they belong to me.

(Y/N): I don't care what your trick stealing friend did to me. I'd go through that a million more times for you if it means you don't get hurt.

Blake looked at me, surprised that I said that.

(Y/N): I'm sure Ruby, Weiss, and Yang would do the same too.

I moved over to sit closer to Blake and put my hand over hers.

(Y/N): Listen. You can do what you want to do, but that doesn't mean you get to make others choices. You say that I hate you, but I feel the opposite. When me, or your team fights for you, it means that we want to protect you. You need to stop pushing us out, or we'll push back ten times harder.

I put my hand on her cheek and looked at Blake straight in her yellow eyes.

(Y/N): It hurts me more to hear you say those things than losing an arm.

I leaned in and placed my lips on Blake's. She gently wrapped her arms around me and pulled me even closer, making our chests touch. We pulled away from the kiss.

Blake: Thank you. I needed to let all that out.

(Y/N): You shouldn't bottle up your emotions. You can talk to me if you have some stress to let out.

I heard something crash down. Me and Blake looked back and saw the door down on the ground with Kali on it. I saw Ghira standing outside, sighing at Kali. Kali stood up and noticed me and Blake staring.

Kali: Oh! Oh dear, would you look at that, he's awake! Thank goodness!

Ghira: Kali, please.

Blake: Mom!

Blake stood up and walked over to her mom.

Blake: What are you doing?!

Kali: Well, sweetheart, your father needed to speak with the two of you.

Blake: Huh?

Ghira walked in and sat down on the couch. Blake walked over. Ghira put down a scroll. I looked at it and saw a bunch of different files with weird names on it.

Ghira: I'm afraid you were right to be suspicious.

Blake: What do you mean?

Ghira: Adam Taurus is planning to overthrow the leader of the White Fang, and stage a full-scale attack on Haven Academy. It would be the Fall of Beacon all over again.

I felt my heart start to race. I clenched my hands and stood up, ignoring the pain. After that weird dream I had...

(Y/N): I refuse to let something like that happen again!

Blake: Me too. We are going to stop this.

Ghira: Have any ideas?

Blake: I have one. We take back the White Fang.

(Chapter 28 end)