Chapter 23

(Readers POV)

Mercury looked at me in the eyes. It's like he is still confident, even when he's cornered by me, Ozpin, and Glynda.

(Y/N): Go on. Talk. Who has the Fall Maiden power?

Mercury: Isn't it obvious? The Fall Maiden of course.

I looked at Ozpin and he gave me a nod. I kicked Mercury in the stomach. He coughed up some blood. Sucks for him that his aura hasn't recovered yet.

(Y/N): You really don't listen, do you?

Port: Sorry for the delay, but the tournament is starting back up!

Oobleck: Our match is against Pyrrha Nikos versus Penny Polendina!

Did I hear those two right? Is the intercom system messing up? I looked down at Mercury and he smiled at me, confirming my suspicions.

Mercury: Heh. Someone who controls metal versus someone who is metal. Not a good matchup.

Ozpin and Glynda looked confused.

(Y/N): Ozpin! Stop the match!

Ozpin: Why?

(Y/N): It's going to end badly if you don't!

Ozpin: (Y/N). Please calm down and explain the situation to me.

(Y/N): Penny is a robot!

Glynda: A robot? Now is not the time for jokes.

I got frustrated and ran off.

Glynda: Mister (L/N)!

(Y/N): Make sure Mercury doesn't escape! I'm going to deal with this!

I ran out and saw the raised platform. I jumped up really high and saw Penny and Pyrrha fighting. Penny pointed her blades at Pyrrha and Pyrrha looks terrified. Penny launched her blades at Pyrrha. I got in front of Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: (Y/N)?!

Oobleck: What is Mister (L/N) doing?!

Pyrrha got in front of me and used her semblance to push the blades back.

(Y/N): NO!!!

The blades went behind Penny and the strings attached to the blades pulled Penny back. The strings went through Penny, cutting her into multiple pieces and exposing her wires.

(Y/N): That's not good.

I said under my breath. I looked at everyone and their reactions weren't all that great either. I looked at Pyrrha and she looks traumatized. I saw the screens around the arena went red with a black chess piece in the middle. Was this Mercury and his friends plan? And here I thought we'd not get attacked now. I need to do something. I jumped down the arena and ran out of the colosseum. I jumped off the ledge and grew some wings. I flew around the sky and saw Grimm flying around the area.

(Y/N): Today just keeps getting better!

I saw a Grimm flying at me. I went above it and kicked it downward. I started to hear sirens go off. A ringing noise started to bounce through my head.

(Y/N): I need to do something quick or I'm going to lose my head!

Wait, that gives me an idea! I used my semblance and got rid of my ears. I can't hear the sirens anymore, or anything actually. There, now I can hear myself think. I flew down and landed on the ground. I saw Grimm flood the fairgrounds. I went over to one and punched it as hard as I could, sending it back and hitting several Grimm on the way. I felt something tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Weiss and Blake.