Chapter 25

(Readers POV)

I saw the boat stop at a dock. Me and Blake stepped off the boat. We walked off the docks and onto the main land. I saw a lot of Faunus and a bunch of stands selling fruits and fish.

(Y/N): There's a lot of people here.

Blake: That's what happens when you try to put an entire race on a small island.

(Y/N): Is there that many Faunus on this island?

Blake: Two-thirds of the island is inhabitable dessert with dangerous wildlife.

(Y/N): Dangerous? That makes me excited to observe them. I might learn something new I can do with my semblance.

We kept on walking. I took in the sights. So this is Menagerie. It looks beautiful. We walked up a hill. After reaching the top, I saw a lot of buildings.

(Y/N): Wow. This is a whole town.

Blake: This, is Kuo Kuana.

(Y/N): The Faunus here really took all they were giving, huh?

Blake: We were forced to. We asked to be treated equally and all we got was an island. So we tried to make a place where the Faunus can feel welcome, but this island is just a reminder that Faunus aren't equal.

I thought about what Blake said. It does feel weird. People with an extra body part gets treated like trash. What happened for the Faunus to get treated like this anyway?

Blake: Alright, time to go home.

(Y/N): Your home? Is it nearby?

Blake: Kind of.

(Y/N): Which one is it?

Blake started to point. I looked at where she is pointing and it's at a huge house in the middle of the town.

(Y/N): That's your home?

I looked back at Blake and she nodded. Has Blake been secretly rich this whole time?!

(Y/N): Then let's get going.

Blake nodded and we made our way to her house. After some walking, we made it to the front door. Blake was about to knock, but stopped her hand.

(Y/N): What is it?

Blake: I um... It's just been a long time since I've seen my parents.

I put my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me and I smiled at her.

(Y/N): You came this far.

Blake took a deep breath and nodded. She looked back at the door and grabbed the knocker on the door. She used the knocker, making a loud sound against the door. Blake let go of it and took a few steps back. Me and Blake waited for a moment and we heard the door open, revealing a short black haired cat Faunus. Her cat ears perked up when she saw us and she stepped out of the house.

Kali: Blake?

Blake awkwardly waved her hand.

Blake: Hi, mom.

Blake's mom stepped forward and started to hug Blake.

Kali: My baby girl.

I can see Blake hesitate before she wrapped her arms around her mom. I heard footsteps coming from the inside the house. I looked at the door and saw a very tall and big man standing there. Why is he really intimidating?

Ghira: Kali? Who is it?

He saw Blake and his expression changed. His eyes went wide. Blake looked up and locked eyes with his. He smiled at Blake and joined in on the hug. I just smiled to myself. It's nice to see moments like this. The three broke the family hug.