Chapter Thirty | Sally's nightmares.

Maliki's pov.

It's been a few days since Sally's arrival to the mansion. The other girls are in love with her, basically. They shower her with praise and love playing games with her. Ann took care of her injuries and Slenda cleaned her up, Jess and Liu went into the city to buy clothes and toys for her. It's not like I'm jealous or anything. In fact, I've been training in archery. I think I'm a natural, as I haven't been missing my targets. Maybe I'm just gifted. But, there's ups and downs. At night, she cries and has terrors, but she won't tell anyone about them. She... Doesn't talk to me much, which I'm a little confused with. But she's a social butterfly with everyone else. I'm not really complaining, and don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. Just a little confused.

I walk to the target and pull the training arrows out of it. Putting them back into the quiver before walking back inside.

Jane and Slenda are playing on the couch with Sally, pretending to sip on the tea she prepared.

"This is really good, Sally. What kind of tea is this?" Slenda asked.

"It's the kind you drink!" Sally replied with a smile.

"Hello Maliki. How are you?" Jane asked.

"Eh. I'm fine." I say.

I feel my hoodie and pull out a bar of chocolate, and hand it to Sally, who hesitantly takes it. She looks at me with no emotion on her face, and tension filled the air.

"Well... you're welcome. I'll be upstairs if any of you need me." I say before heading upstairs.

<Slenda's pov>

I look at Sally, who is looking down at the chocolate bar, before setting my tea cup on the table.

"Jane, would you mind of Sally and I spoke alone?" I ask

"Of course, Slenda." Jane says, placing her cup on the coffee table and walking upstairs.

"Listen, Darling, could you please come here?" I ask Sally.

She gets up and walks up to me, and sits on the couch.

"Hey sweetie. Is something wrong about Maliki? You seem untrusting of him." I say.

Sally looks at the coffee table, and thinks.

"I... I don't wanna be hurt again momma." She says.

"W-what? Baby, Maliki is nothing like that. That goes against everything he is. Sweetie, I know Maliki. He would never hurt you. Maliki is a good man." I say grabbing her soft hands.

"I-I know momma. He's a nice guy. But... I just... I'm scared, Momma." Sally replies.

"Darling, there is nothing to be afraid of. In fact, Maliki is the only reason I'm here. I was taken and held prisoner, and who is my knight in shining armor? Maliki. He almost died to save me. It was a miracle that he's even here. He's... He's my husband, Dear. I don't know how I'll be without him." I say.

Sally looks at the candy bar and back at me.

"Um... Do you think... Tomorrow... I can talk to him?" Sally asks.

"Of course, Dear. I'm sure he will like that very much. It is getting late. The sun has set, and it is almost your bed time. Let's get you a bath and into some night clothes.

<about three hours later, in the dead of night>

I wake up to Sally crying, and I get up. Maliki sits up and looks at me.

"She's crying again. Why? What happened? Why is she having these nightmares?" Maliki asks.

"I don't know, Maliki. I don't. Please stay here while I calm the poor girl." I say standing up.