Chapter eighteen | Where is everyone?

Maliki's pov.

Kicking my door open, I can feel something... off. The sounds. The smells. The feeling of... loneliness. The feeling that made this mansion alive... had disappeared. I walked down the stairs and felt dread. Like I didn't belong. Like the mansion was rejecting me. I looked around the house and basement, and yet... nothing.

"Slenda!?" I shout feeling the ever creeping feeling of the mansion.

I ran upstairs and checked everyones room and yet... they were all gone. I double checked Benny's room and saw it empty. I walked around the mansion and found no trace. I tried calling and texting but nothing worked. I couldn't get into contact with them at all. I walked back up ti the front door in defeat but... I couldn't open the door. I pressed my hand on the knob and turned it harder and pushed but the door didn't budge. I know I didn't lock the door... but something was off. I turned and walked towards the city. Maybe I could find them out there and they were just enjoying their day.

Slenda's pov.

I awaken in a cold room. The smell of stale air and rust looms around me in what I feel is a metal room.

"You're awake... good." I hear a familiar voice say before they clasp the metal bars to the cell I was locked in.

" I hear a familiar voice say before they clasp the metal bars to the cell I was locked in

"Zalga!" I shouted, unleashing my tentacles onto her.

The pain. It set in as my tentacles launched to her. I collapsed to the ground and screamed in pain as Zalga held me under a spell.

"Relax dear. Why don't you survey your surroundings? I'm sure they'll be quite... cozy." She said as she retracted in the darkness.

I turned and saw the others. Every pasta who lives in the mansion all knocked out and inside of the cell.

"N-no... you didn't..." I say looking at the girls... but... where was Maliki.

"My Maliki. Where is... he?" I ask.

"He's back at your mansion. I've sent my goons after him. If he makes it here... maybe I'll let you and the rest of your goons out alive.. or maybe I'll order him to kill you all... as long as he becomes mine and mine alone." Zalga spits.

"You... monster. You can't do that." I say grabbing the bars.

"I can do whatever I want. I can command my goons to tell him lies. Tell him you abandoned him for another... more promising killer. I can get the idea in his head that you abandoned him just like his poor mother, and then... he'll join me and kill you himself." She laughs.

"No! N-no! You can't! I won't let you!" I say before the pain sets in once again.

"I can do whatever I want. I can kill your so called friends as we speak, but I need them alive. Maliki will be the one to bring their end." Zalga says before disappearing.

"Zalga you bitch! You get back here or I'll kill you! Don't you touch him!" I shouted ripping at the bars.

Maliki's pov.

I stepped through the gate and felt something strange. I turned around and the mansion... it was gone. I ran back into the gate and yet, it was still gone. I started panicking and calling Slenda, hoping to god that she answered, and... it was asinine. I wiped tears from my cheeks and leaned against a tree. My hands were shaking and my breath was out of whack. I stood up and slapped myself, forcing me back into reality.

"Alright... something is wrong... very wrong." I say to myself before walking the trail to the city.

"I'll get to the bottom if this." I say looking up to the sky.

Slenda's pov.

"He's going to be so alone... so afraid... I can feel him. He's scared. He's confused and yet... I didn't tell him about Zalga. I wish I could control time..." I say, looking to all the women.

They slowly awoken and I told them the situation.

"Where is Maliki?" Ann asks in a low monotone voice.

"Zalga is... forcing us to abandon him. To make it look like we had gotten tired of him. She wants him to join her and kill us." I say tapping my foot on the metal floor.

"Why am I prevented my powers? I cannot use my abilities." Jane says feeling the ground.

"Most likely a barrier Zalga places. She doesn't want us escaping." I say.

"You see why I need the boy, Slenda. His potential... his... sleeping abilities... he is Purity. His actions are guided by malice, but his soul. His... mind. It isn't evil. He has abilities akin to you and I. And I need him to create the end to this world. That is my goal." Zalga says from outside the bars.

Ann had ran towards the bar, reaching for Zalga as she yelled threats. I pulled Ann away. I didn't know if she could handle the pain I had gone through.

"Explain. What do you mean." I say to my rival.

"Maliki, was it? I need him. I need him to create an army. His power... is abilities that are still slumbering deep within his mind that he himself cannot even understand. I can teach him how to use it, and eventually, I will corrupt him, and he will no longer be the purity. You see, if I were to not have abducted you all... his abilities would be very dangerous to me. I can't have that, and so I've devised a plan to bring him to his knees. After my army has destroyed everything... I'll kill Maliki myself." Zalga threatens.

"You touch him and I'll dissect you alive!" Ann shouts rushing back at the bars before collapsing immediately.

I pulled Ann away from the bars.

"You see Slenda, I believe that Maliki has the potential to be a deity such as yourself. If you ever see him again, I promise he'll be holding a knife to your throat." Zalga says before disappearing once more.

I clenched my fists and loudly exhaled.

Maliki's pov.

I walk down the pier in search, and yet nothing. I look beyond the railing and lean on the rail.

"Did they... get tired of me?" I ask looking at the water.

"Maliki Callisto. I heard you're missing your friends. Allow me fo tell you why." A voice said from behind me.

I turned and saw a girl who looks like a scarecrow. She had a red torn dress up and held a scythe in her offhand as sort of a walking stick.

"They had gotten bored of you, my dear. They are making their way to another, more qualified man. It sucks, truly, but I believe this is a good thing. You can come live with me and others who won't leave you. You can come with me to Zalga's mansion." She said outstretching her free hand.

"You expect me to believe that? I... I don't. I know Slenda and everyone else. They wouldn't do that to me." I say getting angry.

"Are you positive? Slenda didn't tell you yet, did she? Didn't she tell you that she was evil? An evil being tells lies and makes up stories. Slenda is an evil being. Join us, Maliki." She pressed.

I raised my fists.

"No." I say gritting my teeth.

"Oh, we have a fighter." She says before stepping towards me and readying her scythe.