Chapter Twenty Five | Zalga's Retreat

No one's pov.

A blast of fire escaped Maliki's maw as he tore through the leather restraints, and leapt upon the table. Maliki bolted towards Zalga extending his blade and jumped into the sky, bringing the blade down at her, plunging it into her eye. The two fell to the ground, and Maliki ripped the blade out of her eye. Her blood sizzled the tiles on the floor as Maliki stood up.

"Ooh~ a fast striker? I certainly didn't expect this." Zalga said, her eye reforming.

Maliki took a step back but was stopped by the table.

"I must say your ingenuity certainly would come in handy. The blade on your wrist is a fine creation. If my women had it, we could certainly increase our kill count." Zalga says standing tall, looking down at Maliki.

"Fuck you!" Maliki shouted, jumping backwards onto the table and leaping towards Zalga once more.

Zalga grabbed Maliki's leg and slammed him onto the floor.

"You have to be smarter." Zalga giggled.

"Damn. That was fucking stupid." Maliki thought to himself, trying to stand.

"Painter, Scarecrow. Take the prisoner to the courtyard. I'd hate to make a mess in my house." Zalga says snapping her fingers.

"Yes, Ms. Zalga." Scarecrow says.

Maliki swings upwards and tears his blade through Zalga's back. She fell onto the table and groaned in either pain or annoyance. The painter rushed Maliki and swung her knife at him. Maliki defended himself, backing up to the painters wild swinging, Maliki's hands were bound by chains flowing from the walls like tentacles. They looped around Maliki's hands and pulled him to the walls, his arms spread out.

"Oh my... So energetic, yet so annoying." Zalga says, raising her left hand, pulling the chain links higher, pulling Maliki off of the ground, his arms still spread.

Zalga drew her sword and slashed across Maliki's chest, smiling devilishly.

"Agh!" Maliki grunted as crimson liquid began flowing into his shirt.

Maliki looked up and smiled, knowing nothing she did would break him, but Maliki's smile turned into a wide eyed pale face.

Zalga looked at Maliki with a smug look, holding Jane by the hair with her sword to her neck.

"Will you just submit already? Or do I have to kill your friend?" Zalga asked.

Maliki narrowed his eyes and looked at Jane. Her skin was gray and he could see the tears in her stained dress. Her eyes were bloodshot and tears flowed from her cheeks, and her arms and legs were covered in lacerations.

"C'mon, just tell me you give up and I'l-

Maliki grew another fireball in his mouth, and launched it at Zalga. She and Jane flew back, Jane not even having a burn on her. Maliki placed his feet on the wall, and leapt off, pulling the chains off of the wall.

The pain still in his chest stopped him from moving forward, as he felt something drain from his body. Like all of his strength has vanished. Zalga laughed. She cackled. Her voice echoing through the rooms. The smoke cleared and Zalga sat leaning against the wall with a smile.

She tried to get up, but grunted in pain.

"Damn you... you got me pretty good... heh... but when you hit me, I stole your powers... your regeneration, strength, stamina... all of it is mine... and now there's nothing you can do to stop me." Zalga said.

Maliki stood up, and felt his chest. The wound was the length of Maliki's hand. He stumbled over to Jane and knelt over her, clearing the strands of hair out of her face. Her eyes lightly moved, and she looked at Maliki.