CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"So you're angry at him? Tasha, you can't be angry at Jason for no reason." Sahsa clarified after I explained what transpired between Jason and me, but I didn't know why she, of all people, was defending him.

"So you're on his side?" I asked, still confused at what she was saying.

"Tasha, you've always had what you wanted, but you should know that it will never be the same as always. He did what was right by stopping before things got out of hand, just that his explanation was a bit off since you didn't say you wanted sex, but Tasha, your actions spoke volumes. I'm your best friend, and I know how you behave, and all I want is the best for you. And that is not to break up with Jason. He's better than the other boys even though he's a little bit -- ." She stopped midway as my eyes were teary. Sasha wants to take sides with me. Standing up, I announced my departure and left before she could say anything.

I walked through the ball and went up to the fridge to get something to drink. I gulped down half of the orange juice and sighed loudly.

"Hey, little girl, what's eating you up?" My dad asked behind me. The tears that I'd bottled rolled freely on my cheeks as I bear-hugged my dad. I felt humiliated. Sasha wasn't at my side. Her words kept lingering in my head "Tasha, you've always had what you wanted, but you should know that it will never be the same as always." I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply. Sasha never wanted me to get what I wanted, and with that conclusion, I pecked my dad and made my way to my room.

"What's going on between you and your boyfriend?" My mum asked as we settled down at the dining table to eat supper. I took a quick glance at my dad and muttered, "Nothing."

"Nothing? He came out of your room with an expression on his face that didn't look good, and you are saying NOTHING." My mum stated with a surprised look. I had a call, and the caller ID read 'My heart' quickly. I dismissed the call and continued eating silently. I felt the hall tense up only to raise my head to find my family looking at me suspiciously.

"Aren't you going to receive it?" Don't tell me you guys are fighting?" My sister asked, getting me a little pissed off.

"Seriously, Joycelyn! I decide on who I want to call. I hope that's okay?" I angrily said and got up from my seat, and at that moment, the door opened to reveal Sasha, Jay, and Felicia. I just ignored them and ascended the stairs to my room. I can't believe he turned me down. For all, I know he's getting the sex somewhere, and he thinks I'm not good enough.