CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

Jason's POV

"Dude, we will be late for class," I said to Frankson as I walked to the door.

"I'm done already, just leave, I will be with you in five minutes."

"I will be in CSV when you arrive at campus," I said loudly as I descended the staircase.

"You are now a nerd, wow, thanks to Tasha," I heard him say, but I ignored him and made my way out.

Minutes later, I entered CSV and I could feel all eyes on me. I searched for Tasha in the crowd, ignoring the stares cast my way. After a few attempts to notice her, I spotted her making her way out with her friends. I made sure I stood in a position where I would be noticed, and to my luck she did.

"Excuse us," she said as approached me.

"Tasha, can I —"

"This is not the time, let's talk later."

I slowly held her hands as I looked at her pleadingly.

"Let her go," I heard Jay's voice behind me. I seriously didn't understand why this dude seemed to have a colossal hatred for me. I let go of her hand, silently bypassed them, and found a spot to learn. I always had my way with girls, but I didn't know why I couldn't just get Tasha. A pat on my back brought me to my present state. Looking up from my Science textbook, my eyes met that of Fancy, a girl I had dated just for fun as always, but fell deeply for me. We only dated for three weeks, but it was fun dating her, she was my senior now, so I had to respect her. But I WON'T.

"Hey, what's going on? I asked, closing the book in front of me. "Nothing much, I haven't heard from you since last year, just wanted to check up on you."

"That's sweet, I'm fine anyway, thanks for asking," I replied sweetly. Placing her ass on the seat opposite me, she found my hand and stroked to my displeasure. Moments later I withdrew with respect as I didn't want to embarrass her.

"Exam is on its way, I'm preparing, so I need a little space," I said politely, trying hard not to sound rude which at the end of the day I gained a surprised look from her.

"Oh pls don't give me that surprised look, I'm dead serious."

"Did Tasha do this to you?" She asked quietly, looking in my eyes for a genuine answer. I always felt I owed her an apology, so I decided not to hide this from her.

"Yeah, I think so, but I am not learning for her. I need to pass the exams," I replied truthfully.

"Does Eva know you like Tasha?" She asked with a bit of sternness in her voice. Eva was my best friend since childhood before I met Frankson and Solomon. She knew all the secrets, but I couldn't let her know I had developed feelings for Tasha.

"No, she doesn't. I can't tell her." I stated simply.

"Regardless, I will leave you with your books, see you later," She said and waved as she left.

For the rest of the day, nothing interesting happened.

***************************************************************************

Tasha's POV

Almost two weeks more to holiday; a vacation to be precise. Examinations left me stressed in addition to being a steward. If I was to be reborn after death, stewardship would be the last thing I would ever wish for. Dad had made provisions for me to be brought home by my driver, to which I reluctantly agreed. He always used the excuse of your life is always in danger 'so long as long as I don't resign my post, you'd be in danger and I have to keep you safe" to lure me into agreeing, but I always persuaded him to allow Sasha, Jay, and Felicia to come with me to which he also reluctantly agreed. I couldn't wait to go home to be with my laptop and room, the only two things after my loved ones. Removing my core maths textbook to revise some topics, I heard my phone beep. Sending my attention to my phone, the caller ID read 'unknown number.' I never gave my number to an unknown person, neither did I receive calls from an unknown number. Ignoring the caller, I concentrated on my book. After a couple of hours, I decided to close my books and search for my friends.