CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Brian!!" I exclaimed, running to hug him at the doorway. "Hey little sis, you've been missed severely," Brian said happily. Missing Brian wasn't something I usually did, but he added two weeks to his actual date of arrival.

No fights, no pool parties, no insults, and fighting over the remote control for a month; why wouldn't I miss him? Backing out of the hug, I noticed he had gained a little hair around his chin. I smiled lightly as I remembered how he complained that his beard has kept long in fulfilling its duty.

"Is Joyce home?" He asked as we settled on the couch in the hall.

"Yes, she is preparing lunch," I replied without shifting my eyes off the television. My mind quickly broadcasted Jake and Joycelyn's relationship. I slowly turned my eyes to Brian, who had now found his laptop to be an exciting companion.

"Hey, fish, can I ask you some questions?" I asked, addressing him by the nickname I got for him after he nearly drowned in the sea.

"I've told you not to use that name. Why are you so annoying?" He snorted angrily.

"Sorry, my dear fish." I apologized sarcastically and continued. "Do you know any guy called Jake?" At the mention of Jake, he closed his laptop, and I had his full attention.

"Where from that?" He asked, and I felt irritated.

"Joycelyn's boyfriend." I retorted but later blew air through my lips to calm me down. He was acting like he knew nothing about it. After some seconds, I continued.

"She told me you knew about him. I don't know his surname name, but he is very nice and has brown pupils along with Indian skin." I finished with a sigh, and he smiled at the realization.

"Jake Riis Parker, his father owns one of the oil refineries in America. He revealed. "He liked Joycelyn, but I don't know whether she has agreed to his proposal; according to Joycelyn, he is a playboy, and she can't date a guy who has gained all the attention of girls and a guy who had had sex with almost half of the girls back in Russia where they schooled." He revealed.

"Are you two done gossiping about me?" We heard Joycelyn's voice from behind, and we both jolted from our seats.

"You scared the shit out of me. At least you could face alerted us," Brain replied amusingly. Striding near us to sit on the sofa, she threw a throw pillow at us, to which I dodged unsuccessfully.

"If this is the best way you can welcome someone who had been gone for a month now, then I think I can comply." With that, he started throwing the pillows in the fridge on him. He screamed like a girl. We continued our silly game for some minutes until we all fell to the floor feeling tired.

"I never knew I had the craziest sisters on earth," Brian said amidst laughter.

"Don't test our patience; what we just did was an empty performance," Joycelyn said, but I couldn't see whether she was serious or not since I was a little bit away from her.

"I think someone needs to check her food since I can smell something foul," I said jokingly, to which Joycelyn started running to the kitchen. Both Brian and I burst into laughter and made our way to our rooms to change into dry clothes since we were wet with water and juice.

Closing the door after me, my phone started to ring. I always say it along with ringtone since it was my favorite song.

  🎵🎵Don't promise me tonight without tomorrow too.

Don't say you love me unless you do.

How I'm supposed to take it .......🎵

Picking up the phone, I received it and plugged my earphones in it.